White Sox vs Orioles 5.22.18 game thread 7:10 first pitch

Just now, soxfan49 said:

He’ll likely have 2 XBH’s to end the game and make us look stupid, but I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him get a day off tomorrow. Get Rondon a second straight start and give YM a day to clear his mind, similarly to Anderson today.

Why clear his mind?  He's been fine, let him face the righties.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He’s 9 for his last 38.

Here we go again... have you not learned? He has been fine. A 38 AB sample size is irrelevant unless he's been striking out all the time, which he hasn't been.

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Maybe but I'd hope that if he's healthy enough to play, he's healthy enough to steal. Otherwise why even play him and risk further injury?

There's no reason to be putting the stress on his body in a throwaway season.  Save the steals for when they are actually trying to compete.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's no reason to be putting the stress on his body in a throwaway season.  Save the steals for when they are actually trying to compete.

I get where you're coming from but if he can hone his base stealing game before we're good, he can really be a force on the basepaths when we are indeed good. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I get where you're coming from but if he can hone his base stealing game before we're good, he can really be a force on the basepaths when we are indeed good. 

No reason to push it right now