White Sox vs Orioles 5.22.18 game thread 7:10 first pitch

47 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Here we go again... have you not learned? He has been fine. A 38 AB sample size is irrelevant unless he's been striking out all the time, which he hasn't been.

Good god. I didn’t say he sucks or anything. I said he could use a day off to clear his mind. Is that so bad? Relax.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Good god. I didn’t say he sucks or anything. I said he could use a day off to clear his mind. Is that so bad? Relax.

Clear his mind from... what? That's something you do when somebody is struggling, typically 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

He just came back a week ago from 10 days off. If he has some mental issue, he needs to fight through it.

1 minute ago, EvilJester99 said:

Engle is as bad if not worse than Jacob May last year, he for some reason he is still here.. then again are there any better options right now? 

Yes- the better option is making Leury the everyday CF and calling up Saunders to spell Palka/Thompson from the corners. Then again, Thompson has been just as bad as Engel. I miss Avi. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

What in the hell these guys swinging at? Please spare me of leury and engel please

Don't lump Leury in the same category as Engel as Leury's average is 86 points higher.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes- the better option is making Leury the everyday CF and calling up Saunders to spell Palka/Thompson from the corners. Then again, Thompson has been just as bad as Engel. I miss Avi. 

Is Tilson still alive?? Give him a chance can’t be much worse than Engel or Thompson 

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I would say hitting .235 with next to no XBH’s over 10 games is struggling, but I digress.

Then we're back to square one where you're overreacting to a small sample size that isn't indicative of how he's actually hitting. Nevermind the fact that he has a .341 OBP in that span.