White Sox Sign Alex Presley (on CHA Active roster)

Sleepy Harold

I watched probably 120 Tigers games last season, living just outside of Detroit. 

Presley is obviously nothing to be excited over. However, he is head/shoulders better than Engel/Thompson. As in, he actually has a place on a good chunk of the league's MLB rosters. 

I would welcome him with open arms as an every day player in CF over Engel. I just can't watch it anymore.

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The more OF help they sign for Charlotte, the less likely Eloy Jimenez will ever be a Charlotte Knight.

I don't think Presley is longed for AAA. Another 2-3 games of Engel's garbage and he'll be a White Sock.

21 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Don't forget about Thompson. I think he's more likely to get the boot than Engel.

Last I checked, Thompson has been about 50 OPS points WORSE than Engel, which is just scary.  I don't think that he is THAT bad, but he sure hasn't shown otherwise at the major league level for quite some time now.

10 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The more OF help they sign for Charlotte, the less likely Eloy Jimenez will ever be a Charlotte Knight.

I agree with the line of thinking but I'd be surprised because Hahn said a couple weeks ago that he'd likely be promoted to AAA in a couple weeks (from then, meaning around now)

17 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Don't forget about Thompson. I think he's more likely to get the boot than Engel.

At this point, both Thompson and Engel are quite safe on the MLB roster.  There is legit no one to take their spots. 

14 hours ago, GreenSox said:

The guy is 32, had a great year (for him) in 2017, but was sporting OPS in the .600s and .500s between 2012-2016, and has zero chance to be part of the future. He's  not the guy who should be in Chicago.

I've asked you this before, and you didn't answer.

Who else do you suggest they call up?  AAA is barren with young talent and calling up Eloy at this point is idiotic.  So please...inform us who GM Greensox would give the nod to!