Sox.Orioles Game thread 5.23.18 The Return of Covey

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

If my Spanish is on, it seems as if someone questioned that guy and said “he’s out because he didn’t run fast enough” and that guy is responding with “it’ll be a big blow, you’ll see, I know the details!”

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

I google translated that tweet and ... I am no more clear

From what I gather the reporter is saying Castillo was pulled from the game for "not hustling"...but he knows the real truth. He then reports the steroid stuff. Of course Castillo is still in the game.

Just now, Replacement Level Poster said:

So they can bring him up but if he’s sent back down he’ll have to clear waivers and is claimable right?

No. If he is in a year where an option was used, he does not need to be exposed to waivers. No option,  then waivers.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Well who is next? Tilson?

Probably the guy we just signed to play in AAA. He has a ton of ML experience and none of the other AAA are really forcing the issue. If it's a serious injury for Leury maybe the Sox should have one of the older MIF in AAA start seeing some time in the OF in case we need them. 

Just now, Heads22 said:

I'm fine with the Trayce Thompson experiment being done

Yeah I closed the book on him a night or two ago. I just don't see anything there. Not sure if it's his injuries, his head, or some combination, but he doesn't look like he has any of the pieces of his game that are needed anymore.