Sox.Orioles Game thread 5.23.18 The Return of Covey

Bizzaro White Sox

Covey with 8 K's over 7 Innings allowing only 1 ER - Engel 3 for 3 with 2 RBI's and a SB. 

I must be asleep and dreaming...

Edited by Richie

Just now, GenericUserName said:

Can players appeal PED suspensions? Minor league DL is only 7 days so if Castillo could do that we theoretically could have him available until Smith is back. 

They can, but given that the announcement was that his suspension is starting tmr and that it's not for a steroid --- I'm guessing it's a similar situation to Cano's.  I bet his agent informed this guy to soften the blow.  Probably got popped with a diuretic.

21 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I have never heard of an announcement like this being leaked to the media before it’s officially announced or the player knows about it 

It was reported by someone in the DR, and then came out.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Renteria's brilliant for one game, at least.

Jose Rondon as DH, who woulda thunk it coming out of ST?

Had you told me their starting DH would hurt his back 2 hours before first pitch, I would have said anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They can, but given that the announcement was that his suspension is starting tmr and that it's not for a steroid --- I'm guessing it's a similar situation to Cano's.  I bet his agent informed this guy to soften the blow.  Probably got popped with a diuretic.

Yeah but even if he knows he will lose the appeal it would buy us more time for Smith to hopefully get healthy so we don't have to worry about playing Alfredo Gonzalez