5.24 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles Series Finale, 1:10 first pitch

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Narvaez can't catch correctly.

Not sure I've ever seen a worse catcher defensively than what he's been this year. Leads majors in passed balls and doesn't play much.  Him being primary catcher will really hurt our pitchers.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Just send this fucking guy to AAA.   Cannon fodder.  That's an insult to cannon fodder actually.

Which one?  There is so many poor players on this team to choose from.

Just send this fucking guy to AAA.   Cannon fodder.  That's an insult to cannon fodder actually.

He's just not a major leaguer. Really not expecting him to be a part of the rotation in a few years.

He is far to worried about velocity. On the fastball you can see him muscling it and trying to throw it thorough a wall.

Just now, fathom said:

Not sure I've ever seen a worse catcher defensively than what he's been this year. Leads majors in passed balls and doesn't play much.  Him being primary catcher will really hurt our pitchers.

Yup, this is the thing that sucks most about Castillo's f*** up. Gio can barely throw strikes as it is.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

He is far to worried about velocity. On the fastball you can see him muscling it and trying to throw it thorough a wall.

How many RH SP's succeed with below average velocity and spin on their fastball? I can't really blame him.

• Like 1

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

How can you be so wild and than throw a pitch right down the middle on 0-2?    Was he aiming for down in the dirt on that pitch?

Or why call a fastball on the inner half with bases loaded and guy struggling with command. Of course he's going to aim it to avoid hitting the guy.