5.24 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles Series Finale, 1:10 first pitch

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How strange would it be if Covey turned out to be what Gio was supposed to be ?

I'll be honest, last inning I was wondering what the rotation could be next year. Was thinking hopefully Rodon/Lopez/Kopech/FA signing/?  For the ?, my first thought was Covey.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I'll be honest, last inning I was wondering what the rotation could be next year. Was thinking hopefully Rodon/Lopez/Kopech/FA signing/?  For the ?, my first thought was Covey.

Stephens should be in the mix

47 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think it's obvious Sox are going to have to spend money on an better than average starting pitcher this offseason.

Why?  Rodon, Lopez, & Kopech are locks for next year.  You pretty much have to give a Giolito a shot next year unless you want to DFA him.  And I think it would be crazy to sign a starter and block Jordan Stephens.  After those five, you’ll have Hansen & Dunning waiting in the wings at AAA plus wild cards in Fulmer and maybe even Covey.  Signing a starter next year makes no sense.

39 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

I think they are going to have to spend pretty big on two starters if they are serious about competing in 2020. Most of the Sox young arms have been over-hyped big time it appears. 

Lol...what?  Because one them (currently) looks like a bust?  Talk about a hot fucking take.