5.24 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles Series Finale, 1:10 first pitch

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

In the same thread where people are talking about Dylan Covey as an anchor in the rotation going forward, they are pronouncing Giolito and Fulmer dead.  Don't get so married to the present.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever seen Giolito flashing a 97mph fastball.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

In the same thread where people are talking about Dylan Covey as an anchor in the rotation going forward, they are pronouncing Giolito and Fulmer dead.  Don't get so married to the present.

Exactly, next year is still primarily a developmental year.  I’m all for signing a guy like Machado, but you definitely don’t sign free agents to block key prospects who need opportunities.

He pitched really well last night, but one start, his 13th as a White Sox, most in team history to get to win #1, shouldn't get people too excited. Next start he might be back to the Dylan Covey we all know and hope to avoid when we have tickets to the game.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, Narvaez is really bad.  I'm actually hoping they give Smith more of the playing time going forward.

Considering none of the options can hit (unless Zavala), just play the best defender

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He pitched really well last night, but one start, his 13th as a White Sox, most in team history to get to win #1, shouldn't get people too excited. Next start he might be back to the Dylan Covey we all know and hope to avoid when we have tickets to the game.

100% agree, but the stuff looked legit last night.  More reason for optimism with him rather than the Santiago's & Voldstad's of the world.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

He needs to be sent down. No different than Fulmer. His fastball absolutely sucks 

I'd say he is even worse.  At least with Fulmer, you can see his FB move like crazy which would at least give some explanation of his lack of command.  With Giolito, it is straight, lacks velocity and most importantly command.

I can stomach blowouts but this was hard to watch and had to turn it off. 

I know that Castillo is still under contract but the Sox should consider taking another stab at the catcher position this winter.