5/24 Games

joejoedairy

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Rodon just took a liner off the head. Caught by 3rd baseman but it bounced a good fifty feet in the air off his head.  He appears to be ok but was removed. Sigh...

Man, we can’t catch a break.  Hope he’s okay.  He was dealing.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Great. He's gonna get killed in the bigs at that level. His command is usually on par with Giolito. 

Meh, velo isn't really a concern of mine regarding Rodon. A tweet I saw recently said he was throwing easy 94 in Arizona. I'm assuming when he fully ramps up his velo will be fine.

Well, that's weird because FanGraphs has his highest velocity this year at 96.8 or something like that...it was Covey's best overall velocity in a start over the last two years, other than a weird anomaly in his 6th start last year where his velocity was 2-3 MPH higher than most of his other starts.

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If only we needed a catcher.

They're not going to rush him because the big league club they expect to win roughly 60 games has a need. If he keeps hitting like he has since April 24, however, he might be seen on a Chicago roster near you in mid 2019.

7 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

They're not going to rush him because the big league club they expect to win roughly 60 games has a need. If he keeps hitting like he has since April 24, however, he might be seen on a Chicago roster near you in mid 2019.

Sept call up this year. 3-3 today