5/24 Games

joejoedairy

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They are basically a High A team playing in Low A though. This is what happens when you draft as many college players as the Sox do 

It was either Eric or Kiley in a chat that said they don't really look twice to see how a major college player is doing in low A.

God what a bust...right him off, can't believe the sox FO can't target real hitters and trusted the trackman data; everyone knows even if hes lucky he winds up at DH, please tell e the last defensive catcher the sox developed.....stupid just stupid kid is going to get passed up by Zavala... 😃

/s

I will be patiently waiting for the josh nelsons & larry's of the world to eat crow when Collins becomes the next Mickey Tettleton

33 minutes ago, beautox said:

God what a bust...right him off, can't believe the sox FO can't target real hitters and trusted the trackman data; everyone knows even if hes lucky he winds up at DH, please tell e the last defensive catcher the sox developed.....stupid just stupid kid is going to get passed up by Zavala... 😃

/s

I will be patiently waiting for the josh nelsons & larry's of the world to eat crow when Collins becomes the next Mickey Tettleton

Josh Nelson is one of the most over reactionary/ uninformed Sox personalities out there. I dont take anything he says to mean much 

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Is it wrong that I am more excited about Collins than I am about Eloy?

Not really. If he's a catcher and he hits like he's hit in May, he may be the more valuable player. You could see he, Moncada, and Jimenez competing for an MVP award at some point.

44 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Josh Nelson is one of the most over reactionary/ uninformed Sox personalities out there. I dont take anything he says to mean much 

You could almost squeeze out a good blog between Josh, Pnoles, Jim and Larry.  Now that Jim went back to Sox Machine and took Josh and Pnoles with him SSS is a wasteland and Sox Machine isn't really must read either imo.

Right now Future Sox and Fegan at the Athletic are where it's at imo.  Soxtalk seems to have had a bit of a renaissance as well.  Seems we have some new blood around here.

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You could almost squeeze out a good blog between Josh, Pnoles, Jim and Larry.  Now that Jim went back to Sox Machine and took Josh and Pnoles with him SSS is a wasteland and Sox Machine isn't really must read either imo.

Right now Future Sox and Fegan at the Athletic are where it's at imo.  Soxtalk seems to have had a bit of a renaissance as well.  Seems we have some new blood around here.

Yeah I agree, Fegan is doing work and future sox as a resource is much better. Miss the days of the cheat..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

Not really. If he's a catcher and he hits like he's hit in May, he may be the more valuable player. You could see he, Moncada, and Jimenez competing for an MVP award at some point.

I haven't seen anything from outside the org that indicates he will be a catcher, but his batting eye is MLB ready so maybe he can be a sort of poor mans Carlos Santana and fake it back there for a few years.

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

SSS is basically unreadable now.  I do not like/get the humor of the new editor there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Elevating kenwos terrible opinions just because he commented a lot ... I don’t know how to finish that thought just that it ruins both sites

Lol...so very true.  It’s like if we let Greg write articles for FutureSox about how dumb prospects are and how the key to the draft is to always draft that year’s Mike Trout.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, daggins said:

I haven't seen anything from outside the org that indicates he will be a catcher, but his batting eye is MLB ready so maybe he can be a sort of poor mans Carlos Santana and fake it back there for a few years.

I haven't seen his catching, so until the org moves him off the position, I'm going to remain optimistic that he can stick there. His bat is valuable, but it's so much more valuable if he can stick at C. A 4 WAR bat at 1B (full season) is a 6-7 WAR bat at C (full season).

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...so very true.  It’s like if we let Greg write articles for FutureSox about how dumb prospects are and how the key to the draft is to always draft that year’s Mike Trout.

You are the real champion of Soxtalk.