5/27 Game is starting! Shields vs Hardy

2 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

With Cleveland winning today, we may fall 9.5 games out of first.    I think we gotta stay within 10 games if we are to have a chance at winning the division.

I think you need to put down the crack pipe

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I think you are delusional if you think we can fall much further behind and still make a run at the playoffs.   This is a young team and needs to stay within striking distance.

636173205022185586-jim-mora-playoffs-cop

15 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I think you are delusional if you think we can fall much further behind and still make a run at the playoffs.   This is a young team and needs to stay within striking distance.

If you think this team had or has a shot at the 2018 MLB playoffs, you’re delusional.

49 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

With Cleveland winning today, we may fall 9.5 games out of first.    I think we gotta stay within 10 games if we are to have a chance at winning the division.

I am with you. We must stay positive. You aren’t out of it until you are. I think at least we can compete within the division 

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I am with you. We must stay positive. You aren’t out of it until you are. I think at least we can compete within the division 

19 games with Cleveland. Even with their bad bullpen, the Sox will go 6-13, at best. 4-15 wouldn’t surprise me.

Sox will probably be 30-60 six weeks from now. 

3 hours ago, fathom said:

I know a few people that watch the game on mute actually

Jason is a full-fledged idiot. They will likely keep him forever. He is also completely insincere. Of course the radio isn't much help either. 

4 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

The only way the Sox make the playoffs this season is if 10 other clubs in the league decide to forfeit the remainder of the year.

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Jason is a full-fledged idiot. They will likely keep him forever. He is also completely insincere. Of course the radio isn't much help either. 

Hey, man, do you ever exaggerate?

I guess I jinxed this game by starting the Saturday game thread and not following up, haha...

I work up around 1:30 a.m. late Sunday night (China time) and realized it was too late.  So you can blame me for the loss if it makes you feel better.

Nevertheless, my 1-1 record is still significantly better than the team's overall winning percentage this year!  And it's also better than Benetti's terrible jokes and puns.  Worst of all, it's Stone Pony's fault!!!  We don't need them to be the "best of pals."

MINNEAPOLIS — It took five minutes. In that time, Jason Benetti heard enough plays on words, clever turns of phrase and quick-witted cultural references from his dinner companion that he knew it in his bones: He wanted in.

In with the White Sox, the team he grew up in Homewood rooting for, as a TV play-by-play man. And in with Steve Stone as a partner in parlance, an ally in articulation — a bosom buddy, if you will, in baseball banter.

“I thought, Geez, not only do I want this job,” Benetti recalled, “but I really, really, really want to work with this guy because we can do something special.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/what-age-gap-white-sox-tv-teammates-jason-benetti-steve-stone-are-best-of-pals/

5 hours ago, pcq said:

Little rough. I wonder if Jason reads this board. If he does, I would like to say I enjoy his work. He and Stoney are fun to listen to, especially compared to the schmuck broadcasts around baseball with all the homers shilling for tickets, etc.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I guess I jinxed this game by starting the Saturday game thread and not following up, haha...

I work up around 1:30 a.m. late Sunday night (China time) and realized it was too late.  So you can blame me for the loss if it makes you feel better.

Nevertheless, my 1-1 record is still significantly better than the team's overall winning percentage this year!  And it's also better than Benetti's terrible jokes and puns.  Worst of all, it's Stone Pony's fault!!!  We don't need them to be the "best of pals."

MINNEAPOLIS — It took five minutes. In that time, Jason Benetti heard enough plays on words, clever turns of phrase and quick-witted cultural references from his dinner companion that he knew it in his bones: He wanted in.

In with the White Sox, the team he grew up in Homewood rooting for, as a TV play-by-play man. And in with Steve Stone as a partner in parlance, an ally in articulation — a bosom buddy, if you will, in baseball banter.

“I thought, Geez, not only do I want this job,” Benetti recalled, “but I really, really, really want to work with this guy because we can do something special.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/what-age-gap-white-sox-tv-teammates-jason-benetti-steve-stone-are-best-of-pals/

That's a very very good article. Read it if you haven't. Jason Bennetti is a good announcer, folks. Perhaps at times the jokes are a bit stale but hey you try to broadcast a team that is this bad. These guys do a fine job.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Little rough. I wonder if Jason reads this board. If he does, I would like to say I enjoy his work. He and Stoney are fun to listen to, especially compared to the schmuck broadcasts around baseball with all the homers shilling for tickets, etc.

100% agree