ChiSox @ Tribe, Memorial Day Game Thread

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

What a dumpster fire defensively. This is unwatchable.

That's what happens when your bush league manager takes your starting pitcher out for no good reason.  The other players see that and just give up.  

Just now, Insp said:

That's what happens when your bush league manager takes your starting pitcher out for no good reason.  The other players see that and just give up.  

Dude what? Ricky sucks but cmon

Just now, Insp said:

To be fair, Ricky was managing like it was postseason game.  Closest he will get to that probably.

So let me get this straight. A 1st baseman who can't catch a short hop from a long throw from deep in the hole isn't to be blamed but a catcher who can't block a wild pitch is to blame when its a pitched ball with movement from a much shorter distance. Yes a lot of bad baseball but assigning blame to one when clearly 2 parties made mistakes seems like an agenda.

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

This is worse than watching the last 20 games of the Bulls season.  Coven deserved better.

Show respect.  A coven is a group of witches and warlocks.  Its Covey who, at least as far as I'm aware has no magical powers whatsoever.

Edited by Insp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

This defense is killing our chances to get back in the pennant race.    We need a sweep of this series and it's beginning to look like it ain't gonna happen.

I'm not a troll but I think you are one. Why troll? It's not fun and it worsens the board. Only somebody with rocks for brains would think we could ever get back in the pennant race. I guess we were in the race at 2-0, but that was about it for 2018. Cmon Sin City, go hit the Strip pools, especially the naked pool at  Caesars. Why post on a beautiful holiday?

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

The throw was in the dirt. Can't always rely on first baseman to bail you out. Abreu has saved him double digit errors this year.

It was a solid 2-3 steps into left field. Of course it’s not gonna be a perfect dart. It was a fine throw and a play that any first baseman should make. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It is a conversation when you aren't the one catching that pitch in those situations. It's really easy to judge others mistakes when you're in your easy chair. There are many many catchers who may have blocked those balls and many other who don't. Your opinion just as mine is just an opinion neitther roght nor wrongand thinking you are correct and its not worth discussing is just arrogance.

So, I guess I can't judge Moncada booting that grounder because I wasn't there? "Hey... these big leaguers hit it hard with a lot of spin. You don't understand!" How about Palka's drop? How about the botched pop-up by Gonzalez? Skole's failure to pick Anderson's errant throw? 

Should none of us EVER comment on this board because we're in our "cozy chairs"? I guess we should delete the forum, eh? What's the use in discussing this stuff? 

Is the only person who can judge a play... the player who was directly involved? lol

It was a putrid play, by a catcher who has been putrid. No one in baseball would say it wasn't a miscue. I don't know why you are. It makes no sense. He's an f'ing MLB catcher and made a lazy play allowing a run. What is there to defend? It's the catcher's version of booting a groundball... what is there to grasp onto? 

It's an indefensible play at any level, much less the big leagues. It was a fastball, 6 inches in front of him, center of his body that he lazily tried to pick instead of blocking. This isn't some complex miscue that the layman can't understand.  No, it's not open for conversation... If that makes me a prick in your eyes, tough titties for me. I suppose. 

Well, we only get to see the Sox go 0-19 against the Indians for 1 out of every 5 1/2 games over the remainder of the season.

That should be fun.

And they BETTER not blow that #1 overall pick in 2019.

Of course, the White Sox offense just lies down and gives up without even a feeble response to that debacle of a half-inning.

Ricky’s Boys Quit (in this case).

3 minutes ago, Insp said:

Show respect.  A coven is a group of witches and warlocks.  Its Covey who, at least as far as I'm aware has no magical powers whatsoever.

American Movie is one of the best MOCKUMENTARY films of ALL-TIME.

Check it out...it’s a classic. (The Coven was the name of the movie within a movie they were supposedly filming.)

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

So, I guess I can't judge Moncada booting that grounder because I wasn't there? "Hey... these big leaguers hit it hard with a lot of spin. You don't understand!" How about Palka's drop? How about the botched pop-up by Gonzalez? Skole's failure to pick Anderson's errant throw? 

Should none of us EVER comment on this board because we're in our "cozy chairs"? I guess we should delete the forum, eh? What's the use in discussing this stuff? 

Is the only person who can judge a play... the player who was directly involved? lol

It was a putrid play, by a catcher who has been putrid. No one in baseball would say it wasn't a miscue. I don't know why you are. It makes no sense. He's an f'ing MLB catcher and made a lazy play allowing a run. What is there to defend? It's the catcher's version of booting a groundball... what is there to grasp onto? 

It's an indefensible play at any level, much less the big leagues. It was a fastball, 6 inches in front of him, center of his body that he lazily tried to pick instead of blocking. This isn't some complex miscue that the layman can't understand.  No, it's not open for conversation... If that makes me a prick in your eyes, tough titties for me. I suppose. 

Gonzalez wouldn’t be on a big league roster on any team but the Chicago White Sox this year.

It’s criminal how bad he is offensively...we just have to hope he doesn’t get injured somehow, or injure one of his teammates.

• Like 1