ChiSox @ Tribe, Memorial Day Game Thread

soxfan49

3 days ago, I said that Moncada was struggling but that was TOO SMALL OF A SAMPLE SIZE!!!!!!! Fast forward to now, and everyone is also thinking that he’s struggling. I guess 3 more games is the perfect sample size for Sox fans. He’s now 13 for his last 64.

Edit- Make that 13 for his last 65.

Edited by soxfan49

2 hours ago, glangon said:

FFS Palka. You have to make that catch

If you happen to be a slow clod in the OF you can help out by holding on to anything that happens to land in your glove. 

58 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Giolito might be making his last major league start for a while tmrw....

The thought is they might be stuck with Giolito on the roster as he has one option left. 

No one can blame you fellas for being so negative, during such a debacle, but there were some good things to be encouraged about. Anderson continues to demonstrate terrific power, for a speedy young SS. Covey looks like he might be worth keeping. That was a pretty tough Cleveland lineup, he faced today and he did alright. Engel had another decent day, at the plate. And finally, for all of his defensive short comings, you have to be impressed with Palka's ability to absolutely smoke the ball. He hits the ball as hard as anyone and as badly as this team needs left handed power hitters, there is some potential there. I'd love to see him work with Thome and learn to hit to the left side. His power is easily sufficient to take outside pitches over any left field wall in baseball. Moreover, there are a lot of base hits through that left side of the infield, with that shift. Oh, and I forgot Skole's MLB debut. I'm quite sure that he won't.

So, for a sloppily played game, by a rebuilding team, without it's regular right fielder, DH and catcher, it wasn't all bad. Cheer up gentlemen, and try to think about all of those great young prospects, who will soon be arriving.

Honestly might not be a bad idea to start trying to buy a few high upside bats with cash who are blocked on the AA/AAA squads of playoff contenders to get a look on our major league roster rest of season. Put aside 10-20 mill to make the deals. No reason to keep trotting out our garbage.

Edited by soxforlife05

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Until Kevan Smith is back off the DL, I'd expect Dustin Garneau to be called up from AAA, to at least shore up the defense, behind the plate. He can't hit, but he is supposed to be able to catch. 

I’m talking like a high upside top 100-150 guy who might not see the field in a contender’s system for 3-4 years if ever blocked by multiple players. There have to be at least a few players out there in the minors like that.

Edited by soxforlife05

2 hours ago, soxforlife05 said:

Honestly might not be a bad idea to start trying to buy a few high upside bats with cash who are blocked on the AA/AAA squads of playoff contenders to get a look on our major league roster rest of season. Put aside 10-20 mill to make the deals. No reason to keep trotting out our garbage.

That's exactly what Palka and Skole are.