ChiSox @ Tribe, Memorial Day Game Thread

soxfan49

Here we go again with the defense.

Abreu really should have helped out Gonzalez, he was close enough to call him off and make that play.

Skole SHOULD have scooped that ball out of the dirt, it wasn’t an exceedingly difficult ball to catch compared to most.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

He threw the ball from the outfield, and Skole clearly should have made the play.

I thought the sarcasm was pretty evident, and I was posting that in the small sliver of time between the Gonzalez error and Tim's error

Just now, Heads22 said:

I thought the sarcasm was pretty evident, and I was posting that in the small sliver of time between the Gonzalez error and Tim's error

Apparently some people actually agreed with the sarcastic point 

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I tend to listen more to a ML pitcher who probably threw to 50 ML catchers in his career than blame a catcher trying to catch ML stuff. Juco players don't catch for ML pitchers.

This is basic 2+2 catching. Every single solitary catcher will tell you that has to be blocked. Sutcliffe simply explained the reasoning as to why Gonzalez may have made the miscue. He didn't say it wasn't a miscue.

Inexcusable and this isn't really a conversation. 

Edited by Richie

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Had all the time in the world. Once again showed no instincts by rushing the throw.

When the ball bounced in, Gomes was 2 feet from the bag. Not sure how that qualifies as “all the time in the world,” but one pump and he would have been safe regardless

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, between Palka, Delmonico and Skole...we have three of essentially the same player.

Delmonico doesn't have close to the power of the other two, and sadly, he's the best fielder of the three.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

What? He said his offspeed pitches are coming along & that he has a bright future

He started by saying you see the lack of K and makes you wonder if stuff isn't as good as it used to be. He then talked about the secondary, but it seemed at first to be a backhanded compliment.

Edited by fathom

Just now, fathom said:

He started by saying you see the lack of K and makes you wonder if stuff isn't as good as it used to be. He then talked about the secondary, but it seemed at first to be a backhanded compliment.

Pretty sure he was joking. He did have 7 k's in 6 innings.

Just now, fathom said:

He started by saying you see the lack of K and makes you wonder if stuff isn't as good as it used to be

That’s not what he said. He said “you see 7 K’s in 6 innings and you think that maybe he didn’t have his best stuff,” and then you evidently didn’t hear Benetti chuckle. He was obviously being sarcastic.

You’re on a roll today

Anderson made a nice play. Guys who have  been practicing the basics their whole lives come up and cannot function. 

Edited by pcq

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He started by saying you see the lack of K and makes you wonder if stuff isn't as good as it used to be

There has to be some backstory there, with all the rumors about the kid having kind of an attitude maybe him and Stone didn't click when they met.