ChiSox @ Tribe, Memorial Day Game Thread

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

You would think we are in a rebuilding years or something 

Interesting how the fans yelled and screamed about how they were sick and tired of the Bulls and the White Sox going for it every year and demanded that they do rebuilding instead, now they've seen what rebuilding is really like and they can't stand it.

The moral is that you had better be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

So, I guess I can't judge Moncada booting that grounder because I wasn't there? "Hey... these big leaguers hit it hard with a lot of spin. You don't understand!" How about Palka's drop? How about the botched pop-up by Gonzalez? Skole's failure to pick Anderson's errant throw? 

Should none of us EVER comment on this board because we're in our "cozy chairs"? I guess we should delete the forum, eh? What's the use in discussing this stuff? 

Is the only person who can judge a play... the player who was directly involved? lol

It was a putrid play, by a catcher who has been putrid. No one in baseball would say it wasn't a miscue. I don't know why you are. It makes no sense. He's an f'ing MLB catcher and made a lazy play allowing a run. What is there to defend? It's the catcher's version of booting a groundball... what is there to grasp onto? 

It's an indefensible play at any level, much less the big leagues. It was a fastball, 6 inches in front of him, center of his body that he lazily tried to pick instead of blocking. This isn't some complex miscue that the layman can't understand.  No, it's not open for conversation... If that makes me a prick in your eyes, tough titties for me. I suppose. 

So now the other plays which has nothing to do with the ones we were discussing matter ? Nothing worse than a failed ex jock thinking because of his limited experiemce he is an expert and his opinion matters more. Not a prick just unforgiving  of others . Never coach little league please.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just hope they don't end up overpaying for Swihart

It sounds like Boston wants to keep him now. The thought when Pedroia came back was Swihart would be the one shipped out, but Hanley came as a surprise to most. To some of the Boston writers, the Red Sox still want to hold onto Swihart (despite his calls for a trade through his agent).

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So now the other plays which has nothing to do with the ones we were discussing matter ? Nothing worse than a failed ex jock thinking because of his limited experiemce he is an expert and his opinion matters more. Not a prick just unforgiving  of others . Never coach little league please.

So now the other plays which has nothing to do with the ones we were discussing matter ?

What? I was merely using your logic to demonstrate that you don't have to be in a player's shoes to spot a glaring miscue. I never once said those plays changed anything pertaining to the original Gonzalez miscue. 

Nothing worse than a failed ex jock thinking because of his limited experiemce he is an expert and his opinion matters more.

And here comes the standard message board warrior ad hominem attack.

I merely used my experience to demonstrate how at even at the (ADMITTEDLY) low level I played at, that was an unacceptable miscue. I never used my experience to say it meant my opinion was more valid than yours.

I even said "I played nowhere near this level"... I was open about that. THE ENTIRE POINT was that I played so much further down than this level we are viewing on TV. You're being a child. 

The reason I feel that my opinion is more valid than yours, is because your opinion is absurd and no one in baseball would possibly agree with you that it wasn't a bad play by Gonzalez. 

You cannot justify failure to stop that ball with a man on 3rd. There simply isn't a defense. Which is probably why you're resorting to ad hominem. 

Yes, Gonzalez is catching Major League pitchers with more velo and movement. That would be an excuse if Gonzalez wasn't a major league catcher... but (at least for today) he is. So, what's your point?

EDIT: Renteria obviously agrees... as he just benched Gonzalez

Never coach little league please.

Dude, you are being a huge ass right now. I didn't personally attack you. This is completely uncalled for and ridiculous. I coach young players and I couldn't be more supportive of them. I played for so many jerks at that age who yelled at me, and I wouldn't dare do it to them. 

Jerk

Edited by Richie