Sox have team meeting after game

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

and we have reached the “Closed Clubhouse Meeting” stage

They need somebody to tell them they are still very well paid (in terms of the rest of society) and this rebuild isn't going to work if guys do not pretend we are a contender and actually play hard and concentrate every day. This team contrary to popular opinion quits A LOT when the going gets tough, the starting pitchers aren't listening to Coop obviously, the fielders and hitters and baserunners have MANY mental lapses. WAKE UP BOYS. You won't be progressing if you continue to not earn your paychecks by giving full concentration and focus daily.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Ok greg, remind them they get paid.  I’m sure that will put them on a roll

They are not earning their $$$ that is for sure. Lapses of concentration and QUITTING. I worship Hawk but he should be ashamed of himself by inventing These Guys Don't Quit bullshit. I want concentration! And improvement.

Maybe they're frustrated they're still not the WORST team in baseball because of those pesky and putrid Orioles?   Discussing how can they lose even more in order to secure the #1 pick in 2019?

Perhaps take out Manny on a slide so he can't be traded at the deadline?

I jest.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Real said:

what an awful franchise.

It certainly is a awful franchise. But  the franchise is making nothing but money for this ownership. I read yesterday that the White Sox are 29th in team payroll. Oakland  is the only team with a lower payroll.  Forbes Magazine has said that the White Sox franchise has a gross income of $260 million dollars. With this low payroll JR and his investors are making some serious money here with this horrendous team.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

It certainly is a awful franchise. But  the franchise is making nothing but money for this ownership. I read yesterday that the White Sox are 29th in team payroll. Oakland  is the only team with a lower payroll.  Forbes Magazine has said that the White Sox franchise has a gross income of $260 million dollars. With this low payroll JR and his investors are making some serious money here with this horrendous team.

Just stop already. We know Tyler Chatwood is good for 90 WAR.  You can watch him on the north side and not be worried about the owners making money hand over fist while losing like they did 5 years ago when they were rebuilding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Just stop already. We know Tyler Chatwood is good for 90 WAR.  You can watch him on the north side and not be worried about the owners making money hand over fist while losing like they did 5 years ago when they were rebuilding.

Say what you want about Tyler Chatwood but  who would you rather have on the White Sox, Chatwood, Fulmer or Giolito?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They were probably working on new pre-game dance routines. Losing is fung.

I think it was an HR dance. That is one thing they are pretty good at. Alway focus on the positives.

25 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Say what you want about Tyler Chatwood but  who would you rather have on the White Sox, Chatwood, Fulmer or Giolito?

Oh gee, which pitcher do I want that can’t throw strikes?   Which one is making 13 million a year to walk everyone on a competitive team and which one is making the league minimum?   

For a guy so concerned about money spent, you sure don’t mind lighting it on fire. But then again, until a few weeks ago I wasn’t aware that Tyler Chatwood was good for a 30 game swing this season, so what do I know 

• Like 3

If these guys are somewhere and meet someone, they probably introduce themselves as a "professional baseball player".  I see no problem expecting them to act/fulfill the first part.  You can't always control outcomes, but you can control attitude, effort, and preparation.  It is actually hard to maximize those three things in a losing culture.  We have a lot of guys who haven't been there before and many who shouldn't be there now but this is the sad part of the rebuild.  You really need Jose and the few vets to hold guys accountable to playing the game the right way.  Ricky has talked about playing the White Sox way and that is being tested.   Some of these players are getting what may be their only chance in MLB.  They should be busting ass.  The minimum salary is still a lot more than what flipping burgers makes.  

• Thanks 1

*Looks at a calendar, sees it is still 2018*

*Remembers that it was well known that 2018 was a rebuilding year*

*Looks at the team's record, shrugs*

Enough with the "this is a horrible franchise" and "all they care about is money".  Not interested in the rebuild and the development of the future?  Don't watch the games.  Don't comment.  Take a year or two break.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

*Looks at a calendar, sees it is still 2018*

*Remembers that it was well known that 2018 was a rebuilding year*

*Looks at the team's record, shrugs*

Enough with the "this is a horrible franchise" and "all they care about is money".  Not interested in the rebuild and the development of the future?  Don't watch the games.  Don't comment.  Take a year or two break.

Not a lot of people thought they would be this bad and to say that would be rewriting history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is that your fault, or the teams? We always hear about the Cubs and Astros. 

Astros:

56-106

55-107

51-111

Cubs:

61-101

66-96

73-89

I still think the Sox finish with between 55-60 wins this season. Not sure what people thought this was going to look like.

This is what it looks like, unfortunately.  We look back and see the records of the Cubs and Astros, but since we aren't fans of those teams we didn't see it as it happened.  What we're seeing now with this Sox team is what a 55-60 win season looks like.  A few highs, more lows, and a few dear-God-this-is-bad lows.

• Like 2