2019 MLB draft thread

southsider2k5

4 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

I cannot wait. Knowing there are only a handful of possibilities at #3, it will be fun to track them and catch whatever games I can. 

Yeah I'm excited too, college games are a lot of fun. Also I have been working with a college player on his swing remotely so I'm excited to see how he does.

• 3 weeks later...

Season starts this Friday night. I'm spoiled that my team is a perennial omaha contender, but it has honestly made college baseball so so so fun for me to follow. Its my number 3 sport behind MLB and NFL, having surpassed any basketball and hockey. Vandy opens in the newly created MLB4 tourney at Talking Stick park in AZ. Plenty of intrigue as we have recent Omaha history with all 3 teams - Virginia, CSFullterton and TCU. Would be nice to see Corbin get more of the commits to campus instead of the draft, but such is life at the top. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, GenericUserName said:

That would be so nice. Its such a pain going through all the different team sites to find stats. I guess they all use one of like three different systems, so it might not be that difficult for them to make a program that automatically updates so its really hands off. 

If you're willing to pay D1baseball.com has the best college baseball content including up to the minute scores and links to boxscores.  They do a tremendous job.

A sleeper name nobody really has heard of...ASU’s Carter Aldrete is going to have a monster year. He’s a Jr this year. Torkleson gets all the pub for ASU...but Aldrete is really going to be a name people will know come June. 

45 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Is that one of those wrist injuries that drains your power? Because if so he is probably going to drop a ton because it seems like he is a power above hit guy.

Didn’t want the Sox in on him anyways.  Hope he recovers though.  Vaughn with a big start to the season.

58 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Is that one of those wrist injuries that drains your power? Because if so he is probably going to drop a ton because it seems like he is a power above hit guy.

Indeed it is. He was always going to be an interesting follow this year. Progress with the hit tool and he would solidify himself as a top 5 guy. Not all that different from Joey Bart.

• Heads22 locked this topic
  • bmags unlocked and locked this topic