2019 MLB draft thread

southsider2k5

11 hours ago, bmags said:

It is, but the system needs some more athleticism which typically comes from high school. 

Oh, I completely agree, on every level.  I guess I am not hopeful they will change their stripes.  I'd love to see Witt as their first pick, but if Rustchman and Vaughn go 1-2, I almost expect them to reach for another college player. 

12 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Though expecting them to take HS talent at this point is just an effort in futility.  They'll take a guy in the 4th, that they'll tell us they loved, and that will be it.  

Speaking of Lency Delgado, where is he playing this year? I haven’t heard much talk about him in a while. 

I'm a Tulane season ticket holder (the "Green" in my name) and go to about 1/2 the games and Hoese is sensational.  I will caution this though.  Tulane's schedule this season is unusually weak (usually play LSU twice, e.g. - not this season) and we have faced some really bad pitching.  We start playing the better conference teams beginning next week, and that will provide more insight.
Bad pitching or not, he can rake...but whether he can hit at FRD level, we'll see.

Edited by GreenSox

4 hours ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

Kiley said if one of Vaughn or rutschman is available the sox will take them but if they go 1,2 lodolo could be in play. I think the sox are not keen to take a HS guy.

I’d be enraged if they took a pitcher over Witt or Abrams, but for now I’ll give the Sox the benefit of the doubt.  Last year Kiley or Eric said we were going to take Singer and we ended up doing the right thing and taking Madrigal.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d be enraged if they took a pitcher over Witt or Abrams, but for now I’ll give the Sox the benefit of the doubt.  Last year Kiley or Eric said we were going to take Singer and we ended up doing the right thing and taking Madrigal.

Yeah, I’m repeating myself but smart money would always be on college pick with Hostetler, but the Fangraphs info on Sox preferences has not been very accurate.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That's not even close to being determined yet.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It hasn't been determined that picking Madrigal over Singer was the right thing.

Sure, but Madrigal was the consensus higher ranked player at the time and there were rumors the Sox were going to take Singer for archaic reasons.  My point was the Sox have this “college player” stigma early in the draft and I’m willing to see if they will buck that trend again and go with the higher rated HS player if Adley & Vaughn are off the board.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Velocity I'm curious about. I don't believe he usually sits in the 95-96 range.

I’ve heard he sits at 94-96. Cooper will have him at 89 in no time.  Kidding, but I’m all honesty he’s a big human.

• Heads22 locked this topic
  • bmags unlocked and locked this topic