2019 MLB draft thread

southsider2k5

7 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Callis Mock. Says he doesn't buy into Adley slipping past Baltimore. Has Sox on Abrams.

https://www.mlb.com/news/adley-rutschman-remains-favorite-to-go-no-1-in-mock-draft?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Also says the Marlins would potentially take Abrams, so we might not be able to get him as underslot as we thought. If anything, Vaughn might actually have more of a chance to fall a bit.

4 hours ago, beautox said:

MRW some of the talking heads are now saying Adley may fall

source.gif

some quick rosterbation late 2020

Robert - CF
Moncada# - 3B
Jimenez - DH
Collins* - 1B
Anderson - SS
Rutschman# - C
Castellanos - LF
Gonzalez* - RF
Madrigal - 2B

I'm pretty certain Abreu is going to re-sign with the team after this year.

1 hour ago, GenericUserName said:

Also says the Marlins would potentially take Abrams, so we might not be able to get him as underslot as we thought. If anything, Vaughn might actually have more of a chance to fall a bit.

Interesting seeing braves go rutledge. 

6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Do you promise not to hang out in the draft thread on June 3rd and just shit all over whoever the Sox take considering there is about an 80% chance it's not Adley? 

I'm not going to shit on who they take. They're in a shitty situation. Just pick your guy and hope for the best. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, mqr said:

Rustchman falling somehow would be an absolute game changer. Remember when no one thought Rodon would be around at number 3? Crazy stuff happens in the MLB draft.

or everyone saying Singer was going 1-1 just about till the deadline last year.

31 minutes ago, mqr said:

Rustchman falling somehow would be an absolute game changer. Remember when no one thought Rodon would be around at number 3? Crazy stuff happens in the MLB draft.

Royce Lewis was like, the #5 prospect.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Quin said:

Royce Lewis was like, the #5 prospect.

Weird things can certainly happen in the MLB draft.  I would be legitimately shocked if Rutschman fell.

What I am starting to hate about this draft, is that it seems like it is a 1-2 draft for the most part, and after Rutschman and Witt there are a bunch of players on about the same level between 3-8 or 9, something like that.  So hopefully something weird happens and the Sox end up with one of those 2.  

7 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Weird things can certainly happen in the MLB draft.  I would be legitimately shocked if Rutschman fell.

What I am starting to hate about this draft, is that it seems like it is a 1-2 draft for the most part, and after Rutschman and Witt there are a bunch of players on about the same level between 3-8 or 9, something like that.  So hopefully something weird happens and the Sox end up with one of those 2.  

I’m with you. Rutschman or Witt in that order. After that, I won’t complain about Vaughn or Abrams.

Callis with a new mock. Said Abrams if Rutschman doesn’t fall. It would appear Vaughn isn’t even a consideration if this holds true.

He has Rutschman-Witt going 1-2. 

Edited by flavum
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, turnin' two said:

I think saying 3-8/9 is a bit too much.

I personally view there being a top 4, with Rutschman, Witt, Abrams, Vaughn, and then there being a trio Bleday, Green, Bishop. After that its kinda whoever you want in a mix of college SP/ early hs p.

I think there are fair cases for Bleday over Vaughn, but I still think his bat puts him a tier above and may just get pushed away for fit reasons.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think saying 3-8/9 is a bit too much.

I personally view there being a top 4, with Rutschman, Witt, Abrams, Vaughn, and then there being a trio Bleday, Green, Bishop. After that its kinda whoever you want in a mix of college SP/ early hs p.

I think there are fair cases for Bleday over Vaughn, but I still think his bat puts him a tier above and may just get pushed away for fit reasons.

Yeah, that is fair and you are probably right.  I guess it was just in my head, I would be much more excited for 1-2.  Then any of Vaughn, Abrams, Bishop, Bleday would all be about the same in terms of excitement.  

8 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Yeah, that is fair and you are probably right.  I guess it was just in my head, I would be much more excited for 1-2.  Then any of Vaughn, Abrams, Bishop, Bleday would all be about the same in terms of excitement.  

Well, I try to keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago people were thinking it may go 1. Rutschman 2. Vaughn 3. Stott so that 4 you have up there I'm pretty happy with!

5 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Like I said, the Sox will regret it if they take Abrams instead of Vaughn.

I agree. Vaughn's college numbers are right up there with the likes of the Big Hurt and Kris Bryant. His bat is elite. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Like I said, the Sox will regret it if they take Abrams instead of Vaughn.

Quite frankly, anything the Sox do at 3 has the potential to backfire based on their player development history. Abrams wouldn't be dumb to go to college if the Sox take him. Kidding, but not really. 

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hearing there's some crazy love for Brett Baty out there.  Serious crazy love.  

It’s an interesting draft for evaluating traditional draft red flags.

Corbin Carrol seems like one of the safer Hs bats, but he’s 5’10.

Baty is physically impressive, and has that Gorman vibe but is super old for a prep bat.

Vaughn is a short RH hitting 1b that happens to be one of the most productive college bats ever.

Bishop/Bleday are both the late bloomers.

interesting draft to try and find value and ignoring the dogma.

Id probably most hate to be wrong on a Baty though.

• Heads22 locked this topic
  • bmags unlocked and locked this topic