2019 MLB draft thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, to me Vaughn is the clear cut #2 prospect in this draft, but Adley has that catcher risked attached to him which always worries me. Still, I think they are clearly above the rest. 

You and Law present a very compelling argument. If you guys are right, I'm on the "Vaughn Train". 

So, here is my dream team for the 2021 Division winning Sox:

SS Anderson

2B Madrigal

3B  Moncada

LF  Eloy

1B  Vaughn

RF  (A Left Handed Power Hitter. This lineup cannot be effective with just one LH bat. I have no idea who that would be)

DH Abreu

C   McCann

CF  Robert

• Love 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

If he does it in 2020 he can be called Badly Rushed'em

Nice, you are missing the capitalizations though that he uses to make sure that we got it

BADly RUSHED'em

• Haha 3

Really interesting Draft post went up at FanGraphs.  Very good read on some draft strategies/proclivities/trends as well as grouping up certain player archetypes and breaking down the differences of particular players that fall within them.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/introduction-to-the-2019-draft-board/

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Some misconceptions in here IMO. 

Ken Williams has always been involved. He's the EVP of the organization. 

NIck Hostetler loves high school players. He learned under John Schuerholtz. 

Actions speak louder than words or lineage when it comes to Hotetler.

5 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Yeah, that doesn't automatically mean he will hit .300.  Wasn't Madrigal's calling card his hit tool?  And I don't mean to rag on him, just demonstrating that it isn't always that easy.

Based on his performance in our org I think that Madrigal generally seems to have an excellent hit tool, he continues to make contact at ridiculous rates while still taking walks/working deep into accounts.

His problem has been that the power tool is so weak/poorly developed that it is dragging his hit tool down with it. If it was just "poor" so far then Madrigal would be coming off as a strong bat, and if he can just get it up to "poor" then suddenly he looks like at least a big leaguer. 

• Heads22 locked this topic
  • bmags unlocked and locked this topic