2019 MLB draft thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, bmags said:

So here is some deductive reasoning which won't be very good:

- Seems like Walston is basically a lock to the dbacks

- Priester/Allan seem too high to fall.

- Goss/Malone are often mentioned in top first but still a possibility.

That leaves:

- Goss/Malone/Espino

- Vandy Commits ($$$): Leiter / Jones*

- Hunter Barco

- Jimmy Lewis

- Josh Wolf

- Bryce Osmond

- Matthew Thompson

Priester falling has become a real possibility the past month+.

12 minutes ago, MyNamesRod said:

I think it would all depend on the reason for passing on Adley. If it’s strictly medical, I think they’d 100% go Witt. If it’s to save money, they’d have to go Vaughn, Bleday, Abrams, or Greene. 

Makes sense. 

white sox selections based purely on FG value boards:

3rd overall - JJ Bleday

45th overall - Korey Lee (C - Cal)

81st overall - Jack Kenley (2b - Ark)

BA

3rd - Vaughn

45th - Ethan Small (LHP -  MSU)

81st - Nick Quintana - (3b - AZ)

Just now, DirtySox said:

This was posted last night, and since then every credible publication has Adley going number 1. We can cross our fingers, but this isn't anything new as of today.

Ah guess I didnt go far enough back to see someone else posted.. like you said let's hope Baltimore does Baltimore things. 

Just now, EvilJester99 said:

Ah guess I didnt go far enough back to see someone else posted.. like you said let's hope Baltimore does Baltimore things. 

No worries. Just don't want people to get too excited yet. :D

• Haha 1

From BA:

1:36 p.m.: Sliding? Or Smoke?

For months, we have heard about how there is a clear Top 6-8 in this year's draft class with the top high school and college bats. Arizona State’s Hunter Bishop and Texas Christian’s Nick Lodolo have been the outer edges of that grouping.

But now on draft day, there are some rumblings that shortstop C.J. Abrams (currently ranked No. 4 on Baseball America's rankings) is the one player in that grouping who could slide tonight. It is impossible to fully discern whether this is simply a rumor that is getting well passed around or if there is some truth to it. But we have heard from multiple sources that Abrams could slip out of the top seven.

And if someone's moving down, someone has to be moving up. The name we're hearing from multiple sources may have late helium is Baylor catcher Shea Langeliers. Langeliers got off to a late start because of a hamate injury, but his three home run game at the NCAA regionals was a well-timed showcase for an excellent defensive catcher whose biggest concerns revolve around the bat.

Langeliers in the teens always seemed like good value, seems like he's back on track.

Abrams could come really cheap, and at this point it seems unlikely he is sox pick. I feel pretty confident we are going vaughn barring a shakeup in top2.

I just hope they pick the best player on their board. The White Sox trying to get cute with undersloting seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

This #3 pick is our prize for sitting through a 100 loss season. Everyone else they draft would have been available if they were picking 30th. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Knowing the O's, it's gonna be some shit like "Adley slept on his side weird last night, so his shoulder was a bit sore, but his medicals came back 100% clear."

The orioles have a new front office with two key astros guys (elias and mejdal). Especially sig has done a lot of draft work for the astros, I don't think they will be as stupid as they were in the past unless angelos is meddling with the decision (which he is known for but I don't think elias and mejdal would tolerate- I think they would rather resign than not being able to do their job)

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's the only prospect with a power grade of 70 and a hit tool over 60 (65). The only current prospect to have better grade was vlad at 70/70.

Fangraphs have him at 60/60. Where have you seen 70/65 for vaughn?

2 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

The orioles have a new front office with two key astros guys (elias and mejdal). Especially sig has done a lot of draft work for the astros, I don't think they will be as stupid as they were in the past unless angelos is meddling with the decision (which he is known for but I don't think elias and mejdal would tolerate- I think they would rather resign than not being able to do their job)

I think the son is running things. He may not be as anal with hangnails. Adley does have some sort of shoulder issue. In the past, I am sure that would have made him a Royal if they wanted him, but not now.

• Heads22 locked this topic
  • bmags unlocked and locked this topic