Game Day in Chicago Saturday June 2nd at 1:10 Pm CDT Brewers and Sox

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, seemed pretty dumb.  Almost seems like Renteria is in on the tank.

Yeah, and I don't even care about losing at this point in the rebuild/development. 

It's just discouraging when your manager stinks and you have to watch him constantly blunder. Then, watching your young players botch the fundamentals of the game (i.e. our horrific defense) which also goes back to managing/coaching. 

Rebuilding isn't supposed to be fun, but it doesn't have to be everything we're experiencing either. 

I mean, whatever... hopefully in a couple of years, games like these will be apart of the days we look back and laugh at. This stuff doesn't ruin my day. Just annoys me a bit.

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Moncada now 17 for his last 80.

He's also cutting down a K's a good deal since coming off of the DL. I'll take it. It's all a process of cutting down the flaws and trying to put the parts together at the same time. His career is 380 AB's old. 

I was wondering living out of state ... is there any buzz in Chicago at all about the White Sox? Does the city totally ignore the team. Is it like a minor league team where TV and the websites and news outlets barely cover the team at all?

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I was wondering living out of state ... is there any buzz in Chicago at all about the White Sox? Does the city totally ignore the team. Is it like a minor league team where TV and the websites and news outlets barely cover the team at all?

Yes, it's been like that since 2009. If it wasn't for me, my kids would have no idea the White Sox even existed.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Pretty much. No one cares

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Yes, it's been like that since 2009. If it wasn't for me, my kids would have no idea the White Sox even existed.

If you asked somebody who is not one of us fanatics if they wanted to go to a game that night what would they say? And what about jerseys and hats? Do you see many/ Finally have we lost the Little Leaguers? Are they all Cub fans?

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

They were getting good buzz after the first 5 games or so. Ever since Soria choked the first home game, it's been a disaster.

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If you asked somebody who is not one of us fanatics if they wanted to go to a game that night what would they say? And what about jerseys and hats? Do you see many/ Finally have we lost the Little Leaguers? Are they all Cub fans?

They would say "What is a White Sock"? More people wear Chicago Dogs gear than Sox gears, that's the new minor league team in town.

29 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yes. Nobody knows the Sox exist except for those over 30.  There are pretty much zero Sox fans under 20. The Sox have lost an entire generation of fans and I don't think they're getting them back. It is why I am concerned for the future of the Franchise in Chicago when JR kicks the bucket. It is the elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. JR/KW blew a golden opportunity in 2009-10 offseason to rebuild then, and again in 2010-11. They should have done it then. The fact that it took the majority of the next decade for them to do it was inexcusable, IMO, and due to that there might as well be only one baseball team in town. The fact of the matter is for some reason, the Cubs "print money" and the Sox don't. I don't think there is much that can fix that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sometimes I ask myself why I’m wasting my Saturday watching James Shields pitch for the 17-37 White Sox.

Because we gave up Tatis for him.