The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So everyone making this group decision wants one guy and KW wants Singer. If this is true and Singer is the pick, everyone with any pride should immediately resign. I am calling BS on this report. Another KW conspiracy theory.

It has more credence than a typical message board rumor though. This is straight from the fangraphs guys.

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

When do we expect the first pick? And at what intervals? Think this is my first draft living in PST. Need to get out of work in time.

Draft starts in 20 min and first pick should be around 5-10 minutes after that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Isn't it usually longer for the first few?

Article I read said 4 for every pick in the first round. Obviously there will probably be some pomp and pageantry before the clock starts for the first pick.  

Edited by GenericUserName

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Come on Phillllyyyyyy, Singer is just like Nola riiiiiiiight? You guys like Nola don't you? Why wouldn't you take Singer then? It's like having 2 Nolas! Do it Philly!

FUCKING PLEASE.

This. All. Of. This.

17 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

When do we expect the first pick? And at what intervals? Think this is my first draft living in PST. Need to get out of work in time.

Living on the west coast time-wise is great for every other tv thing - awards shows, games, etc -- but drafts are the worst.  NFL one starts while still at work.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'd be very surprised if Singer isn't the pick. It's impossible to know definitively, but I think Kiley is as plugged in on the draft as one could possibly be.

If I had to bet, Id say Callis likely has more Sox info. But there seems to be a lot of jockeying about picks right now because I think teams are looking to save money for later picks. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Hopefully next year it's an even shorter wait.

With the first pick in the 2019 MLB Draft, the Chicago White Sox select Adley Rutschman, C, Oregon State University.

This will probably be wrong on both counts, but I'll look like a genius if it's right.

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

With the first pick in the 2019 MLB Draft, the Chicago White Sox select Adley Rutschman, C, Oregon State University.

This will probably be wrong on both counts, but I'll look like a genius if it's right.

Then we wont take Bart 20 min from now.