The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

17 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Yes, because they figured KW would win. They were very transparent about what was going on, and you don't make statements like they did unless they actually knew something.

Nick Hostetler specifically said that most information being shared this time of year is misdirection.  I’m sure they were told something, but that dosn’t mean it was true.

Spicy Boy
8:37
Why would the Mariners pick Gilbert over Singer?

Kiley McDaniel
8:38
They focus on deliveries more than usual and more than a few teams wouldn't take Singer for that reason, liked GIlbert for that reasons

Well, the fact that so many teams have passed on Singer, should shut KW up. He can't complain that his staff picked Madrigal, and passed on Singer. The rest of us, who also opposed Singer as our first selection, should feel vindicated, as well. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The defensive highlights of Madrigal are lit, goodness.  Pretty amazing hands.

He's a good one. The grinder, dirtbag, hate strikeouts, clubhouse leader, play the game the right way folks are going to fall in love.

Edited by DirtySox

6 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Madrigal will take slot; our best hope is that a college arm falls to us. Any high profile HS that falls that far is going to want more money than we can give them, I would think.

Hostetler said the depth of the draft was HS pitching and I think there will be some good arms still available at #46.  Having said that, I won’t complain if a good college arm falls that far either.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

He's a good one. The grinder, dirtbag, hate strikeouts, clubhouse leader, play the game the right way folks are going to fall in love.

I like the pick.  Am I a crazy or is there a little Eloy Jimenez in that swing?  Like, obviously not the power but the load mechanism is similar.  They both  get their hands ready to hit early which is going to allow them to really wait on the ball.

Edited by chitownsportsfan