The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Was gonna ask who does everyone want tomorrow. I'm almost afraid to say my guy since it seems a Rays scout is scouring this board when I say picks or something. 

Ok, fuck it. I'm gonna ask. Whose everybody's guy tomorrow at #81? 

16 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Right. The idea is that he is apparently thought to be maxed out physically, and not much room for projection.

That's my fault, I went back to your op  and I must have skipped over the part where you said "maxed out" physically. I mistook your original comment to mean that he was more physically mature not that they thought he was maxed out.

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I just saw the box score Sooners vs Miss State, and our boy Steele did not play.  Strange.

Reaggravated an Oblique strain. Done for the year. 

7 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Some interesting quotes from Hostetler in the Sun-Times article on Steele Walker:

The run, arm and power are all about a grade above where most others have him while the hit might actually be lower.

Also forgot about it until now, but Walker and Madrigal should know each other because they played on the collegiate national team together last summer. 

That’s like the exact opposite scouting report from Baseball America.  Seems like this guy may have not done his research.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For college or the minors too??

Probably another couple of weeks. Usually 4-6 weeks with a grade 2-3 strain. He should be able to play in the minors.

19 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Lots of people here wanted Siani at 46, so him barring signability issues.

Just listened to the Fangraphs Audio podcast from last night again, because I couldn't remember who the player OTHER than Vasil was that they said would likely not sign, and it indeed was Siani. They said Vasil, Siani, and Rocker are the 3 most likely to go to college.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Just listened to the Fangraphs Audio podcast from last night again, because I couldn't remember who the player OTHER than Vasil was that they said would likely not sign, and it indeed was Siani. They said Vasil, Siani, and Rocker are the 3 most likely to go to college.

Fine, Kloffenstein, then.

45 minutes ago, fathom said:

Blaine Knight

27 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Lots of people here wanted Siani at 46, so him barring signability issues.

I like that pick fathom. @Chicago White Sox I love the Kloffenstein pick. I like De Sedas obviously but with 2 position players already picked, I would think the Sox grab an arm here so I can't see Sinai @Dam8610. As far as next pick, I like Aaron Ashby alot. With the lack of any stud LHP (well.. any even decent) in the minors, I want the Sox to address that and this guy has a sick, sick curve. Crazy K numbers despite the average to meh velo cause of secondary stuff. 

Brett Hansen is bae, but I doubt he's on the radar with his signability issues, as I would prefer him. Pilkington is such an enigma. I don't know what to think of him.

Not sure where he'll get picked, but Trey Dillard is my guy. Dude brings the heat, might be a reliever, but I'll take the upside.

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I like that pick fathom. @Chicago White Sox I love the Kloffenstein pick. I like De Sedas obviously but with 2 position players already picked, I would think the Sox grab an arm here so I can't see Sinai @Dam8610. As far as next pick, I like Aaron Ashby alot. With the lack of any stud LHP (well.. any even decent) in the minors, I want the Sox to address that and this guy has a sick, sick curve. Crazy K numbers despite the average to meh velo cause of secondary stuff. 

Brett Hansen is bae, but I doubt he's on the radar with his signability issues, as I would prefer him. Pilkington is such an enigma. I don't know what to think of him.

Not sure where he'll get picked, but Trey Dillard is my guy. Dude brings the heat, might be a reliever, but I'll take the upside.

Is Aaron Ashby former MLB catcher Alan's son?

15 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Kloff per Fangraphs:

"Opinions all over the place, with low end considering him an 88-91mph backend starter and high end projecting him as a hard-throwing stud with shades of Michael Kopech."

Well, that's an interesting comp. They said some teams may seem has as a backend of 1st RD type.

wtf kinda conflicting reports are those 😆