Draft Day 2 Thread - Rounds 3-10 (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hansen was not a high floor.  His control problems were so bad, he was pitching out of the pen at OU.  He could have easily washed out at a low level of the minors if that had continued.

That's what I said.  Hansen high ceiling.

They didn't go high floor in round 4; I presume he's high ceiling.  FIU so they should be able to sign him.

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I can't believe this but...I love this entire draft so far.  What's going on with this organization?

They're drafting better. Have been since Hostetler took over the process in 2015 (He didn't make the Fulmer pick).

8 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Yeah, that has him in the low 70s percentile for all bat speed metrics. When you consider that includes guys who are not even going to DIII colleges, 70 percentile is pretty bad. 

I'd hazard a guess most players tracked with that technology at this level are prospects of some sort.  DIII to Juco to D1 and pro.  That said, it's obvious he has some flaws in his game, hence the 4th round.

10 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

They're drafting better. Have been since Hostetler took over the process in 2015 (He didn't make the Fulmer pick).

I like the direction that they have gone so far in the draft. 

1) Madrigal - great pick, arguably best college position player in the NCAA. Plenty of upside, high floor

2) Walker - Enough upside to be a potential regular in the OF, solid contact skills and has shown some power. 

3) Pilkington - Young college lefty that has shown flashes. Could have the ceiling of a backend innings eater. Adds left handed depth to the farm.

4) Delgado - Toolsy HS SS/3B, provides depth for our low minors and a quality raw project. Risks like this are important to take now and then. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Anyone else's tracker goof up?  I seen Indiana University, but no name???>

You have to refresh it once in awhile. The delay between college/name shows up a lot but if you refresh it goes away sooner, I've noticed 

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Stiever seems like a tremendous value pick. Was ranked 88th on mlb.com

Seems to be a really good pick in the 5th round. 

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55 | Overall: 45

Stiever wasn't a high-profile recruit as a Wisconsin high schooler in 2015, but has developed into Indiana's best pitching prospect since the Brewers made Eric Arnett a first-rounder in 2009. He became the Hoosiers' Friday-night starter as a sophomore, ranking 11th in NCAA Division I in walk rate (1.1 per nine innings) and 14th in K/BB ratio (6.3), and has been even more effective, if not quite as precise, this spring.

Stiever usually sits in the low 90s with his fastball, which peaks at 96 mph and plays above its velocity thanks to its run, sink and plane. He has advanced feel for an upper-70s spike curveball, which he'll turn into a harder slider on occasion. His changeup works as well, serving as at least an average third pitch to keep left-handers in check.

Though Stiever is a little smaller than desired for a starter at 6-foot-1, there are no concerns about his ability to stay in the rotation. The athleticism that helped him earn Wisconsin all-state recognition as both a wide receiver and defensive back translates to the mound, as he generates quality strikes and maintains his stuff deep into games. He also earns praise for his competitiveness.

• Like 1