Draft Day 2 Thread - Rounds 3-10 (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

LHP Bennett Sousa had a K/9 of exactly 12 last year in 33 innings pitched. Bennett Sousa has a K/9 of exactly 12 (as of this writing*) in 21 innings pitched this year. There should be no at this point that Sousa has the ability to miss bats. Limiting free passes? Now that’s an open question. As is whether or not his good yet not great stuff — namely a fastball between 88-92 MPH (94 peak) and a low-80s slider with promise — will continue to help him pile up strikeouts in the pros remains to be seen. The good news is the likely draft capital needed to find out what you really have in the senior lefthander figures to be well worth the risk. That’s a nice way of saying Sousa, though equipped with that low-90s heat and strong collegiate strikeout rate, figures to fall long enough on draft day to be considered good value when he’s eventually selected.

https://baseballdraftreport.com/tag/bennett-sousa/

Edited by GenericUserName

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Definitely glad Madrigal was on the board, then. Pilkington would've been a reach of epic proportions at 4.

I want to hear the direct quote for that because we never heard Pilkington's name during the process so I wonder if he meant before the season he was in consideration.

4 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

I want to hear the direct quote for that because we never heard Pilkington's name during the process so I wonder if he meant before the season he was in consideration.

This is my interpretation.