6/6 Games

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic

Dude's timing is still way off not to mention admitted his wrist is still stiff from having the cast on all those weeks. Anyone thinking he was going to rake right away is kidding themselves. Let's just hope it doesn't take long and he'll be good to go and get promoted later on.

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But Madrigal came back from injury and hit .406!!!

In all seriousness, is anyone watching on MILB or watching live and can give some feedback about how he’s looked defensively and his running times to 1st base?

I don't think it is on MILB TV today.

14 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

He didn't exactly set the world on fire in DSL last year against inferior competition. I think he will need a lot more seasoning given how much development time he has lost.

He had a 1.027 OPS. His stats don't matter at all in the DSL but I would absolutely call that setting the world on fire. He was a beast 

• Like 1

He had a year off of baseball.

26 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

I think it's important to realize that, while Robert has some of the loudest tools in the minors, he has not consistently played in live games for like two years now. 

Yes correct. Hopefully Robert gets AFL and winterball this year, get this guy in games.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

A year off and was off injured that year. Still was damn good there as expected. 

His body changed so much his year off I wonder if that had a part in these issues. Though, broken bones, meh probably not. 

27 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

He was 2-3 years older than some of the players over there while is the best prospect in that league. I dont remember his stat line but he definitely swung and missed more than he should in normal circumstances.  

He was 19 fucking years old playing for the first time after basically taking a year off and still put up a 1.027 OPS. But yes, those 23 strikeouts are what really matters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kalapse said:

He was 19 fucking years old playing for the first time after basically taking a year off and still put up a 1.027 OPS. But yes, those 23 strikeouts are what really matters.

Did you read my original post? I said he needed more reps and seasoning after taking time off from defection and injuries, so the initial struggles stateside is expected. Chill the fuck out.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic