6/6 Games

flavum

50 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

And for your daily "call em up/send em down" post. 

Are you referring to me, or the board in general? Because I rarely post about promotions & demotions. As a matter of fact I’ve openly admitted to not following the farm that much besides box scores every night.

...and in the box scores anyone can see that Gonzalez and Rivera have proven day in and day out that they are way too good for Kannapolis.

Robert, presumably, isn’t longed for Kannapolis just because of his name and money. He’s be in WS in no time, imo.

Edited by soxfan49

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Moral of the story , don't make him angry.

Last time I said he hadn't hit a HR in awhile, he hit a grand slam the next day. Last night I posted that his average went from .338 to .318 in a week, and now he's up to .324 again.

Who else should I reverse jinx? :)

31 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Last time I said he hadn't hit a HR in awhile, he hit a grand slam the next day. Last night I posted that his average went from .338 to .318 in a week, and now he's up to .324 again.

Who else should I reverse jinx? :)

ALL OF THEM!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Robert hit a double in AB #5

I wonder if Rivera, Gonzalez and Robert will all be promoted by 7/31.

They absolutely should be, all of them. If we don't see a mass wave of promotions by the end of the month I'm gonna be pretty upset. That would be around the point where you're actively hurting the development of those guys, plus Eloy, by not letting them face competition that's more at their level 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Are you referring to me, or the board in general? Because I rarely post about promotions & demotions. As a matter of fact I’ve openly admitted to not following the farm that much besides box scores every night.

...and in the box scores anyone can see that Gonzalez and Rivera have proven day in and day out that they are way too good for Kannapolis.

Robert, presumably, isn’t longed for Kannapolis just because of his name and money. He’s be in WS in no time, imo.

It's not you personally. It's my own personal running joke. According to my stats, 94.3% of game threads on the minor league board have at least 1 "call em up/send em down" post. I find it humorous.  

Edited by TaylorStSox

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

They absolutely should be, all of them. If we don't see a mass wave of promotions by the end of the month I'm gonna be pretty upset. That would be around the point where you're actively hurting the development of those guys, plus Eloy, by not letting them face competition that's more at their level 

It's coming very soon. Great falls starts in 9 days. Extended ST just ended. Bout to see a ton of movement.

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's coming very soon. Great falls starts in 9 days. Extended ST just ended. Bout to see a ton of movement.

What will be interesting is what happens in Charlotte and Birmingham to free up spots.  A few guys probably are pissing down their legs right about now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Conventional wisdom would say that. But after Hahn said Eloy would be promoted "in the coming weeks", like, 4 weeks ago, I've become irrationally pessimistic about promotions 

11 hours ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Jordan Guererro got shelled once again. Dude is looking like just organizational filler at this point unfortunately. 

There is a reason no teams took a chance on him in the Rule 5 draft this past offseason

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I get the concern but whats next ? Don't dive for fly balls ? Don't try to run down long fly balls because you might run into the wall ? Gotta let guys with talent use it and whatever happens happens.

I think we know Robert has big speed, but I think his point is that there's no point in utilizing it much at f***ing Kannapolis, of all places. Eventually he'll have to learn the art of stealing bases but perhaps Kannapolis isn't the spot for that.

• bmags unpinned this topic