6/7- White Sox at Twins, 12:10

flavum

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

If that fat slug could slide properly he would be safe.  But he couldn't.

That's the most annoying part,he risked a stupid play to slide like that? jesus christ.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scoots said:

How much do you think it would take for the Sox to make a trade for Berrios? hypothetically speaking of course

More than you want to give up. I'd imagine he'll be on FG top 50 trade values.  

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

A Sale like price.

Twins needs pitching and their window is now.  Sano, Buxton and Rosario all FA after 2021.  Their price would be astronomical.  Not sure 2 top 25 prospects and a couple interesting throw ins get in done.  

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

Escobar trade was fine. At least team was a contender that year.

I am not fine with Escobar being a Twins mainstay for 6-7 years. We got de minimus out of Liriano.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I am not fine with Escobar being a Twins mainstay for 6-7 years. We got de minimus out of Liriano.

He's been worth less than 1 fWAR per year in his career. Minnesota won that trade for sure but I'm not overly sad about losing a decent bench player.

21 minutes ago, almagest said:

He's been worth less than 1 fWAR per year in his career. Minnesota won that trade for sure but I'm not overly sad about losing a decent bench player.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=6153&position=3B/SS

Not exactly.

7.7 fWAR

2013 0.0 (only 179 at-bats)

2014 2.6

2015 1.9

2016 -0.2

2017 1.7

2018 1.7-1.8 (after today)...but heading for a 5ish season

If we count the middle 4 years, 1.5 fWAR player.   11/6=1.83 for six years...hard to say he’s worth 0 or 5 (outliers), but this offseason should be valued at least as a 2-2.5 if not 3 player.

32 minutes ago, almagest said:

Sox front office needs to turn it around. 80 percent of their moves have been horrendous since the awesome WS title. They are living (albeit well right now) off the Sale, Robertson, Q and Eaton trades. Aside from that, pathetic front office since the WS title.

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Shields should keep his mouth shut for good after this game.. that didn't work out for him to well.

I liked what he said. Some folks can't stand losing and our team is all about tanking.

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=6153&position=3B/SS

Not exactly.

7.7 fWAR

2013 0.0 (only 179 at-bats)

2014 2.6

2015 1.9

2016 -0.2

2017 1.7

2018 1.7-1.8 (after today)...but heading for a 5ish season

If we count the middle 4 years, 1.5 fWAR player.   11/6=1.83 for six years...hard to say he’s worth 0 or 5 (outliers), but this offseason should be valued at least as a 2-2.5 if not 3 player.

I'm not comfortable saying a player with a 1.5 WAR average should be valued at 2-3 WAR based on a third of his age 29 season where he's seriously outperformed his career averages and is a prime candidate for regression.

1 hour ago, almagest said:

I'm not comfortable saying a player with a 1.5 WAR average should be valued at 2-3 WAR based on a third of his age 29 season where he's seriously outperformed his career averages and is a prime candidate for regression.

All true but he is having an Abreu season so far.

5 hours ago, almagest said:

Because we didn't have Escobar, the White Sox wound up spending good money on Emilio Bonifacio. 

That move in 2013 was a decent gamble because for once, the team was legitimately in the race. But having to spend money on backup players is one consequence. 

3 hours ago, pcq said:

All true but he is having an Abreu season so far.

He won't have an Abreu season by the end of the year.

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Because we didn't have Escobar, the White Sox wound up spending good money on Emilio Bonifacio. 

That move in 2013 was a decent gamble because for once, the team was legitimately in the race. But having to spend money on backup players is one consequence. 

That's a pretty soft consequence.