CWS Games of Drafted Prospects

GenericUserName

So there are 5 players on 5 different teams still playing in the college baseball playoffs. I thought we should get a thread of game times and viewing information so its all in one place for anyone who wants to watch and discuss the newest Sox prospects. (all times CST)

1st round pick Nick Madrigal (Oregon State University) vs. 30th round pick Micah Coffey (University of Minnesota)

Game 1: June 8th @ 4PM on ESPN2

Game 2: June 9th @ 8:30PM on ESPN2

Game 3 (if necessary): June 10th @ 8PM on ESPN2

3rd round pick Konnor Pilkington (Mississippi State University) vs. Vanderbilt University

Game 1: June 8th @ 7PM on ESPN2

Game 2: June 9th @ 8:30PM on ESPN (Pilkington announced as starter)

Game 3 (if necessary): June 10th @ 5PM on ESPN2

14th round pick Davis Martin (Texas Tech University) vs. Duke University 

Game 1: June 9th @ 2PM on ESPNU

Game 2: June 10th @ 5PM on ESPNU

Game 3 (if necessary): June 11th @ 3PM on ESPN2

35th round pick Jason Morgan (University of North Carolina) vs. Stetson University

Jason Morgan was injured this year so he will most likely not be pitching in this series

Game 1: June 8th @ 10AM on ESPN2

Game 2: June 9th @ 11AM on ESPN2

Game 3 (if necessary): June 10th @ 11AM on ESPN2

UPDATE FOR CWS

Oregon State (Nick Madrigal) vs. UNC -- June 16th @ 2PM on ESPN

Mississippi State (Konnor Pilkington) vs. Washington -- June 16th @ 7PM on ESPN

Both will play again on June 18th on ESPN, either @ 1PM (w/game 1 loss) or 6PM (w/game 1 win)

Pilkington is scheduled to pitch MSU's second game.

Texas Tech (Davis Martin) vs. Florida -- June 7th @ 6PM on ESPN2

Texas Tech's second game will be on June 19th on ESPN, either @ 1PM (w/game 1 loss) or 6PM (w/game 1 win) 

I couldn't find which game Martin is scheduled to pitch in, so if anyone else does, please let me know. 

Edited by GenericUserName
Updated for CWS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, thank you so much! Time to set the DVR.  

For Martin and Pilkington, obviously they will only pitch in one of those 3 games and the other two won't need to be watched/recorded for those just looking to see the Sox draftees. I would just assume Pilkington would pitch Game 1, while Martin is probably Game 2 or 3, but I haven't looked enough in to it to figure it out.

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yes, thank you so much! Time to set the DVR.  

For Martin and Pilkington, obviously they will only pitch in one of those 3 games and the other two won't need to be watched/recorded for those just looking to see the Sox draftees. I would just assume Pilkington would pitch Game 1, while Martin is probably Game 2 or 3, but I haven't looked enough in to it to figure it out.

Yeah, that's why I put all the games. Even the Pilkington announcement was just the coach saying he was switching it up, so he could pitch game one. 

41 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

And everyone's favorite catcher, Rutchsman ALSO hit's an oppo HR and I sweat to god I think they both landed in the exact same spot. Couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from each other. 

Adley. Rutschman.

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

And everyone's favorite catcher, Rutchsman ALSO hit's an oppo HR and I sweat to god I think they both landed in the exact same spot. Couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from each other. 

Larnach is awesome. Him and India were best college sluggers I saw all year.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Madrigal did his loft practice swing you focused so much on and then chopped a grounder to SS.  I have a feeling it's just his typical practice swing. 

Okay, so maybe that's not an indicator of his bat control. That doesn't take away from scouts having put 80s on his bat speed and bat control, or that he simply does not strikeout, or that every time I've seen him play, he makes good contact with the ball.

Not impressed by either pitcher. Mize has no control today and Singer has been laying in 91-93 mph meatballs that would be crushed by better hitters. Also, is India having trouble throwing to 1b? Yips? Let a routine throw sail on him. Bailed out of an error by a very nice play by the first basemen and the announcers made a comment about India’s throws to first being an adventure of late. Took me about 30 minutes of watching that game to feel even more confident in the Madrigal selection.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Really good offspeed pitches. Velocity leaves a lot to be desired. Throwing 86-88 from stretch.

Do we have reading from anyone at the game because a lot, if not most, of the other guys pitching were throwing harder than the tv radar guns said. I know Logan Gilbert has like 3 mph slower on tv than people at the game had him.