6/10 games

BlackSox13

6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Remember when Matt Rose was looking like a dude for the first 3 weeks or so of the year?

Well he's batting under .200 now.

Dang, my daughters name is Rose and my name is Robert, I was hoping we could one day get jerseys with our names on them together...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

My guess is they were balls half of the time. I don't think I've ever seen a prospect with such a good grasp of the strike zone 

Yeah. We see how many times Moncada got rung up this weekend on pitches that weren't strikes. You have to figure in AA, it's probably worse.

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Remember when Matt Rose was looking like a dude for the first 3 weeks or so of the year?

Well he's batting under .200 now.

That's why it's important to never react to small samples (good or bad). I remember Garfein talking him up based on such a limited sample size. 

17 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

It was almost like the home plate ump had it in for Moncada this weekend. Renteria needs to go out there and make a point when the umps are this bad. If he gets tossed who cares. 

I couldn’t believe what I was watching. The umps are terrible.

I think you're referring to the Twins series. I thought the home plate umpiring this weekend was fine.

Frank Thomas     reportedly catcher asked an umpire why it was a ball....."because Frank didn't  swing at it"       Same story goes around about all batters with  great eyes.

On umpires, I would tell my young players " There is a reason this ump isn't in the majors".  Not sure what you tell a major leaguer. LOL.  I agree Ricky needs to go out and get tossed.  Players will appreciate it.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I think you're referring to the Twins series. I thought the home plate umpiring this weekend was fine.

No, there were several pitches in the Boston series to Moncada in particular that were horrible.

Porcello K's Moncada in the 6th

Price K's 6 (Moncada, although it was very borderline, so not awful)

And just for fun, Porcello's 5-K performance (Yolmer strikeout)