2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Cleveland has no cap space or whatsoever. Only hope they have is to deal the 8th pick to a rebuilding team for their star player, maybe guys like Blake, Kemba, or Marc Gasol. To do that, they need to have commitment from Lebron that he's staying.

1 hour ago, Jenksismyhero said:

It's made me depressed reading all these stories about it being 20 years since the last Bulls championship. 20 freakin years

Yep. Kinda crazy the staying power those teams have held over the nba culture despite a bunch of super teams since. With all the fracturing of media and attention spans since then may be the last "legendary" team that everyone globally has as a benchmark.

54 minutes ago, Boogua said:

My best guess would be the same reason he went back to Cleveland to play with Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins.

Bennett and Wiggins were never going to play with Lebron. Getting Love was probably a contingency of him signing back

Yes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Lebron wants their young assets (Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle) traded to get good veterans or even a star to go alongside him and Paul George. It wouldn't make sense if he wanted to keep them.

Speculation, of course, but it makes sense and it's what he did in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the Nuggets would be a great basketball destination for Lebron?  Their best player (Jokic) is a great passer, plus shooter, and doesn't need to dominate the ball.  Murray, Harris and Milsap are all plus shooters who would space the floor.  Denver isn't a particularly large market, but Lebron would be a legitimately good fit there - certainly better than the Lakers...

19 minutes ago, illinilaw08 said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the Nuggets would be a great basketball destination for Lebron?  Their best player (Jokic) is a great passer, plus shooter, and doesn't need to dominate the ball.  Murray, Harris and Milsap are all plus shooters who would space the floor.  Denver isn't a particularly large market, but Lebron would be a legitimately good fit there - certainly better than the Lakers...

They would be extremely fun to watch on offense. Defensively they would be a disaster.