2018-2019 Official NBA thread

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Lavine for the 4th + Parsons, who says no?

It's really hard because I don't know if I"m being unfair to Lavine because of his struggles after an ACL. But I just don't believe in him being more than a JR Smith/Jamal Crawford type contributor to a winner and he'll be getting paid like he's a main guy. 

That said, if you don't get Doncic you will be building the weirdest team ever if you trade out Lavine. Basically a team of power forwards/centers in every position.

14 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Lavine for the 4th + Parsons, who says no?

I'd definitely do it especially considering LaVine is asking for a ridiculous amount of dough already, but I doubt the Bulls FO would do that. I love LaVine's athleticism, but not his basketball I.Q.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's really hard because I don't know if I"m being unfair to Lavine because of his struggles after an ACL. But I just don't believe in him being more than a JR Smith/Jamal Crawford type contributor to a winner and he'll be getting paid like he's a main guy. 

That said, if you don't get Doncic you will be building the weirdest team ever if you trade out Lavine. Basically a team of power forwards/centers in every position.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'd definitely do it especially considering LaVine is asking for a ridiculous amount of dough already, but I doubt the Bulls FO would do that. I love LaVine's athleticism, but not his basketball I.Q.

The entire reason of trading Lavine is that he may cost almost max and has proven nothing. If I was the Bulls the reason I would do it is because I dont want to give Lavine a max deal and with the 4 Id get a lot of flexibility in terms of what you can do with 7. Maybe you get Doncic/Porter. Maybe its Carter/Sexton etc. 

I also think you can always find some interesting sf/sg in free agency. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But a deal can be agreed to ahead of time.  It happens all of the time in the NBA on draft day.

That's a risky road to go down.

I'd try to arrange Faried + #22 + Holiday to Memphis, Parsons + #4 + #14 to Bulls.

Granted the Grizz would probably want the #14, but any scenario where the Bulls end up with #4, #7 and #14/22 is a home run in this draft.

42 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

The entire reason of trading Lavine is that he may cost almost max and has proven nothing. If I was the Bulls the reason I would do it is because I dont want to give Lavine a max deal and with the 4 Id get a lot of flexibility in terms of what you can do with 7. Maybe you get Doncic/Porter. Maybe its Carter/Sexton etc. 

I also think you can always find some interesting sf/sg in free agency. 

True but Parsons is so expensive you lose basically all of that flexibility you gain losing Lavine, and then the 4/7/22 is quite a bit of salary too.

28 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man I must not have been paying attention much, when did the bulls get a Faried (is that Kenneth?) Is this a weird 3 way trade with Denver?

Yeah, because due to the Nuggets desperately wanting to avoid cap penalties, they've been exploring using the 14 to dump Faried.

42 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

That's a risky road to go down.

I'd try to arrange Faried + #22 + Holiday to Memphis, Parsons + #4 + #14 to Bulls.

Granted the Grizz would probably want the #14, but any scenario where the Bulls end up with #4, #7 and #14/22 is a home run in this draft.

That would work for me.  Lavine doesn't really fit the teams timeline so the best thing we can move him for, I am for it.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would work for me.  Lavine doesn't really fit the teams timeline so the best thing we can move him for, I am for it.

My guess in this scenario is they retain LaVine. One of 4 or 7 has to go to a defensive player like JJJ, Bamba or Mikal.

1 minute ago, Quinarvy said:

My guess in this scenario is they retain LaVine. One of 4 or 7 has to go to a defensive player like JJJ, Bamba or Mikal.

Having seen Jackson play a couple of different times while he was at LaLumiere, I fell in love with the kid.  I would perfer him over Bamba for sure, as Jackson has a way better offensive game.  He already has a solid back to the basket game, and was working on stretching his shot out into the mid-range while in HS.  I don't know enough about Bridges to judge him.  Bamba just is so far from having an offensive ceiling that he feels like a guy that will never contribute offensively at the NBA level.

33 minutes ago, Brian said:

If Jackson could barely get on the floor at MSU, why are peeps so high on him? Honest question.

Izzo drop the ball? hehehehe

Foul trouble was a big problem for him.  He did get 22 minutes a game, and I want to say he had some injury problems last year too.

Kid is a freak athlete with insane athletic ability.  We have had a home and home going with LaLumiere with my hometown HS for a few years now.  Our PF a few years back was a 6'6" kid who was Indiana state runner up in the high jump clearing 6'11"  Our kid gets a breakaway dunk in the lane on a really nice pick and roll.  Jackson comes from the backside and goes OVER our kid and pins his dunk attempt to the backboard.

If you watch Jackson play, the raw athleticism is just disgusting.  Apparently he has actually gotten his 3 point shot together, but had other mid range issues.  They are trying to stretch him out for the NBA 3 point game apparently.

I mean he has a lot of growing to do, but defensively he could contribute tomorrow on an NBA court.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is a lot to gamble on a guy without Popovich coming with him.  Will be interesting to see if he is a system guy or not.

And a bit of me is like, you don't want to play for the spurs? Who knows if he's on the verge of becoming a complete primadonna.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

And a bit of me is like, you don't want to play for the spurs? Who knows if he's on the verge of becoming a complete primadonna.

That is a fair question too.  Pop is one of the most player coaches in the NBA.

I cannot wait for this draft. If anyone wants a quick blurb on any of these players, there's no better spot to look than The Ringer's NBA Draft Guide: https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

Honestly, I'm fine if the Bulls stand pat at 7 and wind up with Porter or Bamba. However, if they really wanted to blow their "fans who know what's up" minds, they should eat a contract to move into that 4 spot. A rumor I heard on the Bill Simmons podcast was that the Kings might want to trade down from 2 to 7 as they covet Porter. That would be an ideal scenario.

48 minutes ago, Brian said:

The Ringer? *fart noise*

If the Bulls take Knox at 7 over Wendell Carter, I'll be super pissed. More than I was when they took Valentine.

I don't think those rankings are necessarily predictions. They had Porter to Chicago on their mock draft.