2018-2019 Official NBA thread

2 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Here's how I'd feel tonight:

Gone to Heaven: Doncic
Excited with no worry: Jackson
Excited with hesitations: Bagley, Bamba, Porter
 Content: Carter
God, Why?: Young, Mikal

I know Im in the minority, but I just dont get the love for Jackson. I could be way off, but my gut has been telling me Carter is the better player.

41 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I always remember when we bought Phoenix's pick (I think it was Phoenix pick) and acquired Luol Deng. Those were the days...back when teams would literally give away lottery picks for a few million. Now the going rate is 3.5M for a 2nd round pick. I am curious if we will acquire a 2nd round pick (use that "goodwill" Gar/Pax referenced) in what is a deeper draft where we might be able to obtain a 3-D guy (with all the depth, would seem like a good year to buy a 2nd round pick...if we can't "buy a lotto pick through a salary relief deal").

Philly & Denver are two interesting teams to watch, given the assets they have and in Denver's case some of the potential guys they might want to move. Even the Bucks, with Delanova (or however you spell it?) where they might dangle their pick in a deal.  Probably more of a trade down...but heck, I'd be game if it allowed Bulls to move up a number of slots.  

I still go back to the fact that news and smoke on the Bulls has been so quiet that it really seems like they are putting out this mass marketing campaign to downplay any possible options so that nothing blows up on there face. Meanwhile, I have to think they are being a lot more aggressive than we all think (just careful in managing expectations).

The LA Lakers are the flipside of that (which somewhat scares me) as the whole freaking city of LA thinks they are getting a big 3 this year (LBJ, George, and Leonard).  And at a minimum LBJ + another big name.  

LA fans can think that because for a 30 year period literally everything worked out for LA like that.

36 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Here's how I'd feel tonight:

Gone to Heaven: Doncic
Excited with no worry: Jackson
Excited with hesitations: Bagley, Bamba, Porter
 Content: Carter
God, Why?: Young, Mikal

Jackson is pretty high on my list of guys I don't really get that jazzed about. I just think he is so over-hyped compared to a lot of other players and could very much see him being the most likely to bust (alongside Porter (due to injury) or Trae).   

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m guessing more than some. Of course getting pick 7 hurt. I just think if they trade up, they will wind up with Bamba or Jackson which would suck especially if Doncic is available. I really think  Doncic is going to be a HOFer

I would really be surprised if we passed on Doncic.  

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sounds like Porter is in free fall, and it's because of the medicals. 

Maybe thats why Bulls are trying to get #10? I cant imagine NY passes on Porter, but if Bulls could get like Carter/Bamba at 7 then Porter at 10...

That would be a draft to remember. Obviously since its the Bulls it wont happen. 

I mean if his back is truly effed then I would prefer they stay away. This isn't a leg that you squint and hope it works, it's .. .the back.

Once again, ladies and gents, there is no simple back surgery. Feel for the kid, but he went against the missouri doctors and got surgery specifically to avoid this.

To show the depths of my convictions, I read a single hype article on Carter and now I'm fine/excited if we get him. Still would be more amped if we got up to 10 and got Knox/Carter. That's a draft.

10 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Bagley I feel is going to be unplayable in the defensive end. I dont lole nin st 2 at all

I felt like Bagley would have been a star anywhere but Sacramento.

In Sacramento, they'll figure out how to ruin him.