2018-2019 Official NBA thread

11 minutes ago, Brian said:

9 boards and 5 blocks with his 16 points. Showed some shooting range.

And other than shooting, Hutch didn't look half bad either.

But Wendell was out there eating lunches with those blocks.

Said it before, if WCJ gets his body fat down and gets more fluidity in his hips... look out. It's one game in the summer league, but he impressed the hell out of me. Gotta remember this kid is 19. 

Hutch looked good too, minus his shot at times, but that'll come. His ability to get to the line is a welcomed addition here and will help him. 

10 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why?  To dump Grant?

RealGM believes to take on Melo’s salary and hopefully dump Felicio’s contract in the process.  Would also likely get a pick in the process.  I guess we’ll see if the Bulls truly have the appetite to take on a shit contract.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

RealGM believes to take on Melo’s salary and hopefully dump Felicio’s contract in the process.  Would also likely get a pick in the process.  I guess we’ll see if the Bulls truly have the appetite to take on a shit contract.

Considering they sold a second round pick for $3 million, I don’t see how they would value a pick that probably would be in the Chandler Hutchison range at Melo’s salary.  Maybe if they get out of Felico it helps. That is even if a 1st rounder were offered. I saw one discussion where it would be a second rounder and and option to swap second rounders another year. 

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Considering they sold a second round pick for $3 million, I don’t see how they would value a pick that probably would be in the Chandler Hutchison range at Melo’s salary.  Maybe if they get out of Felico it helps. That is even if a 1st rounder were offered. I saw one discussion where it would be a second rounder and and option to swap second rounders another year. 

Yeah, I’m not optimistic the Bulls will be able to pull off a Melo trade that nets us a late 1st round pick and allows us to dump Felicio’s contract, but I have no idea why else they’d be trying to open up cap space right now.  Using their available space now to avoid being burdened by Felicio in the coming years would be a win for us.  Still can’t believe they gave that guy that contract in the first place.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Because they would get rid of felicios contract. That would actually be a net savings (I believe). Will be interesting to see if we can pull this Carmelo deal off. 

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Because they would get rid of felicios contract. That would actually be a net savings (I believe). Will be interesting to see if we can pull this Carmelo deal off. 

Felicio has $24 million remaining over 3 seasons, Anthony has $27.9 million this year. Close, but no.

49 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Felicio has $24 million remaining over 3 seasons, Anthony has $27.9 million this year. Close, but no.

Close enough haha. I don’t think we would get a first round pick out of the deal but okc would save a ton in luxury tax and Bulls would get rid of the long term impacts of Felicio. I wouldn’t worry  about getting too cute If I was Chicago. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Close enough haha. I don’t think we would get a first round pick out of the deal but okc would save a ton in luxury tax and Bulls would get rid of the long term impacts of Felicio. I wouldn’t worry  about getting too cute If I was Chicago. 

The fact that it seems to make sense is probably the biggest reason why it won't happen.

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Forget about moving Felicio. If you can get a 1st round pick for Melo, you do it and move on. 

Would likely need to trade Felicio just to get it to work

52 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Bulls are under the caps, I don't think they need to, right?

According to the Trade Machine, Felicio for Anthony does not work either. The Bulls are under the cap but they're not $27 million under the cap, so they can't simply absorb his contract. According to the Trade Machine, the incoming salary can only be about $5 million more than the outgoing salary given that the Bulls can't absorb the whole contract. If I'm reading this right there's basically no way for the Bulls to make this work. Felicio + Lopez does it, but I don't know if that solves the ungodly OKC luxury tax situation.

55 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

According to the Trade Machine, Felicio for Anthony does not work either. The Bulls are under the cap but they're not $27 million under the cap, so they can't simply absorb his contract. According to the Trade Machine, the incoming salary can only be about $5 million more than the outgoing salary given that the Bulls can't absorb the whole contract. If I'm reading this right there's basically no way for the Bulls to make this work. Felicio + Lopez does it, but I don't know if that solves the ungodly OKC luxury tax situation.

I think this is a trade machine problem. Bulls should still be around 19 mill below cap, not 4 mill as it shows. But you can’t do all the renouncing of contracts to make it work there.

Actually, I can't seem to figure out where that 19 mil came from. Using Shamsports capulator and renouncing vonleh/arcidiciano, and signing lavine, that gets them to 12.5 mill under. Add 2.5 mill for the Grant trade. So, seems like it's around $15 mill. Add 8 mill from Felicio and that's 23 mill, and at that point I think that gets you in the clear.

One thing the trade calculator says we have is an 11 mill trade exception from the Mirotic trade, so not sure where that could come into play.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Actually, I can't seem to figure out where that 19 mil came from. Using Shamsports capulator and renouncing vonleh/arcidiciano, and signing lavine, that gets them to 12.5 mill under. Add 2.5 mill for the Grant trade. So, seems like it's around $15 mill. Add 8 mill from Felicio and that's 23 mill, and at that point I think that gets you in the clear.

One thing the trade calculator says we have is an 11 mill trade exception from the Mirotic trade, so not sure where that could come into play.

You can't use a trade exemption along with players to take back a larger deal, you can only use it to take back something like $11 million.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I think this is a trade machine problem. Bulls should still be around 19 mill below cap, not 4 mill as it shows. But you can’t do all the renouncing of contracts to make it work there.

They probably still show the hold on Vonleh.

Edited by Dick Allen

18 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The fact that it seems to make sense is probably the biggest reason why it won't happen.

I have to imagine there are other teams that could make something happen as well, though.  Part of it depends on what OKC wants to give up and whether they want players back. 

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

You can't use a trade exemption along with players to take back a larger deal, you can only use it to take back something like $11 million.

Yep - What you said. Big question right now as to whether Bulls will operating as an under the cap or over the cap team this season (just in general).