2018-2019 Official NBA thread

35 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Was the Jabari stuff in some interview or article?

He had a press conference today. I'm sure trib/sun times should have some of it. Or look for KC johnson's twitter feed.

MPJ gets back surgery again.

So at Missouri, the doctors all recommended that he just do PT instead of surgery, and then he flew off one weekend and got surgery and let them know. Maybe he should have just did PT.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

MPJ gets back surgery again.

So at Missouri, the doctors all recommended that he just do PT instead of surgery, and then he flew off one weekend and got surgery and let them know. Maybe he should have just did PT.

Yikes.  Feel bad for the kid.  Hopefully he at least signed his rookie deal first.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Depends on that 2022 pick protection but seems like okc made out like a bandit on the melo deal. Schroder will be legitimately useful.

1-14 protection, but that’s possibly the deepest draft in NBA history so it’s still  valuable pick. Great trade by both sides.

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

1-14 protection, but that’s possibly the deepest draft in NBA history so it’s still  valuable pick. Great trade by both sides.

Considering one and done will most likely be done by then, the top picks are in 8th grade or freshman in HS right now. It might be the greatest draft ever, it might be Eddy Curry bad.

Edited by Dick Allen

53 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Okc could easily, easily be trash in 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't believe they will give Markkanen (or WCJ for that matter) enough touches for the Bulls to make noise but here's hoping. It's no secret Markkanen did his best work with LaVine off the floor. Now adding Parker and it gets real interesting (although Jabari is a more willing passer than LaVine). Let's hope a guy like Dunn kinda keeps things in order. Funny part is, prime Rondo (or even current Rondo) would be a perfect fit for this team with his very high I.Q. and vision. 

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I still don't believe they will give Markkanen (or WCJ for that matter) enough touches for the Bulls to make noise but here's hoping. It's no secret Markkanen did his best work with LaVine off the floor. Now adding Parker and it gets real interesting (although Jabari is a more willing passer than LaVine). Let's hope a guy like Dunn kinda keeps things in order. Funny part is, prime Rondo (or even current Rondo) would be a perfect fit for this team with his very high I.Q. and vision. 

Markkanen has the highest upside of all of our players. They'd better get him minutes. Very Dirk-ish in those highlights above with regards to his quick pull-up jumper and foot work. Then of course he has twice the athleticism already.

Slurp.

Yeah I am with Steve. Past Boston, the '6ers and Toronto the East is shit. If Levine stays healthy and/or Parker/Markkanen take a step forward I really think the Bulls fall somewhere from 4-7 in playoff seeding. While plenty will acknowledge that is NBA hell I don't know what else the Bulls can do. 

I see how you guys get to that point, but I'm looking at that roster and thinking they are much more in a fight for 6th-10th crowd, any higher than that is in "let's assume everything goes right" territory, where those things include Lavine becoming a much better player and Parker becoming a much better player and no one getting hurt.