2018-2019 Official NBA thread

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's gotta stay on the court. If he does, seems like this could be legit. 

Honestly, that is the biggest problem for pretty much any project play the Bulls have.  There is a decent amount of talent, but like Derrick Rose, it doesn't matter if they aren't on the hardwood.

40 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's gotta stay on the court. If he does, seems like this could be legit. 

This. I think he clearly has the offensive talent to keep up a pretty high-level scoring production. The key to me is that he can stay healthy. He is a fantastic shooter and an electric athlete who has enhanced his ability to finish at the bucket (presume he got a bit stronger and obviously had a full off-season to focus on his game). There is zero reason he can't be a highly efficient and effective scorer with his ability to slash into the basket...but if you give him too much space to cut his ability to drive, the guy is a pure shooter as well.

He'll never be a great defender but to me offensively its a matter of staying within his game and being smart and efficient about it. The dude has so much offensive talent and capabilities. I'm sure he won't keep his torrid pace up (its been absurdly efficient) but the game is there.  I sure hope none of this is foolsgold (when it comes to Lavine's production).  

I still love WCJ, however, do you know how through the roof excited I would be if the Bulls had Lavine, Lauri, and traded up for Doncic? All three have ability to run an offensive unit so you could stagger lineups to improve defense. 

Had the Hutchinson pick + top 5 next year pick done it, I would not be missing a 6-whatever next year pick at all. That lineup would be incredibly attractive to future FAs.

Anyway, in the actual set-up whether the bulls succeed with this group is incredibly focused on health. I wish the bulls put more emphasis on that as an organization.

I kinda see it differently. He works his butt off making the offense work for everyone else, and then when he gets the ball everyone just stops moving and expects him to work a post move. He needs more variety of touches. His motor is great. I'm not worried at all. He'd probably be better served running some time with Arcidiacano.

1 minute ago, Quinarvy said:

So, who we pulling for? Barrett, Reddish, Little or Zion?

For me, I can't get into this stuff until i have an idea of actual placement in lotto. Season is too long and it just doesn't feel like we'll be at good odds at all. I think bulls still could be something like 8-9 seed.

4 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

If this is the real lavine then i was really wrong about the Butler trade.

It wasn't his talent that made me question if the trade would work out, it was the injury.  Like Butler, Zach has gotten better each full (sans last year), healthy year he has played.  Everyone knew he had some big time potential when drafted - http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zach-lavine

Edited by Chi Town Sox

50 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

So, who we pulling for? Barrett, Reddish, Little or Zion?

Barrett by far for me. Zion can jump and dunk but haven't seen enough of him to know if he can shoot or defend.

54 minutes ago, smalls2598 said:

The amount of injuries that both the Sox and Bulls are going through this year makes me wonder if Lip isn't right about complacency and groupthink within the training and nutrition groups. Maybe they need to bring in a consultant or something and do something a little different.