2018-2019 Official NBA thread

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Klay Thompson was left alone at least 20 times, and they were only going to him. The Bulls were the Washington Generals last night. It was pathetic.

that specific part of the third is where I gave up. For the first half it was like, yeah this is what the best team in league will do to you.

That part, was just embarrassing. I think Fred may have even let it happen, like "okay let them do that then let's get their scrubs so we can try to close gap"

An absolutely dominant Wendell Carter Jr. game, his offense matched his fantastic defense.

25 pts, 8 reb, 5 asst and 3 blocks. And I thought he had like 10 blocks.

He did all of this pretty much within the offense.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

An absolutely dominant Wendell Carter Jr. game, his offense matched his fantastic defense.

25 pts, 8 reb, 5 asst and 3 blocks. And I thought he had like 10 blocks.

3 steals as well. Just stuffed that stat sheet 

Watching the end of the Twolves game it was one of the most emotional finishes you will see at a regular season game. Despite the things he said over the years, it was good to see Rose finding the fountain of youth for one night and reminding Chicago and the NBA what could have been.

That said I don't quite understand how out of the timeout Justin Holliday ends up guarding paul milsap. I assume Hutchinson was supposed to be doing it, but that's not a particularly small lineup by denver but it's not a good rebounding one for us. 

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Watching the end of the Twolves game it was one of the most emotional finishes you will see at a regular season game. Despite the things he said over the years, it was good to see Rose finding the fountain of youth for one night and reminding Chicago and the NBA what could have been.

10 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I'm pretty sure Rose never scored 50 even in his peak years.

The physical ability never actually left him.

I don't know about that. I did not see tonight but I have seen some moves this year that gave me pause. The stop start acceleration and vertical definitely made his finishing skills way off from 2011 for last many years. Maybe it's finally back.

Just now, bmags said:

I don't know about that. I did not see tonight but I have seen some moves this year that gave me pause. The stop start acceleration and vertical definitely made his finishing skills way off from 2011 for last many years. Maybe it's finally back.

Yea that vertical and acceleration from him is long gone but it isn't like he has 40 year old knees either. He just isn't the physical freak he once was. Still a very useful player 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah, the vertical is gone and will never come back, the highlights were fun to watch but that's not him these days. But when I watched him play I always felt like his actual physical talent was more than the results he was getting. He changed his style of play and it turned him into something mediocre to average.