2018-2019 Official NBA thread

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm really really excited to see WCJ and Lauri together. It seems like they are going to complement each other so well.

Same. There were a few times that Carter was pretty wide open after screens and they didnt get him the ball.

I think the starting line up likely will be: WCJ/Lauri/Hutchison/Lavine/Dunn (when they are all healthy) with Parker as 6th man. They need to find a star though if they want to take the next step next year.

So hopefully they keep losing close games and get lucky in the lotto. 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

An absolutely dominant Wendell Carter Jr. game, his offense matched his fantastic defense.

25 pts, 8 reb, 5 asst and 3 blocks. And I thought he had like 10 blocks.

He did all of this pretty much within the offense.

This is what I was expecting out of WCJ. I guess he needed a few games to get comfortable. 

11 hours ago, Quinarvy said:

Derrick Rose becoming the leader, dropping 50 points on a young team that Jimmy Butler is quitting on because he and the young  guys don't get along is not where I saw the NBA headed. 

I didn't not appreciate at the time what a mess Jimmy Butler was to those Bulls teams.

Man, last night was fun. I get so much night to night enjoyment from NBA when bulls can just be competitive and/or not play Monday night or Hawks game.

Payne though, i just refuse to believe a waiver PG isn't better than him. Arci clearly better. We waived two better PGs last year in Dinwiddie (actually good) and that other guy (probably bad).

22 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Watching the end of the Twolves game it was one of the most emotional finishes you will see at a regular season game. Despite the things he said over the years, it was good to see Rose finding the fountain of youth for one night and reminding Chicago and the NBA what could have been.

https://deadspin.com/give-derrick-rose-the-comeback-treatment-he-deserves-1830145918

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

WCJ was good again despite foul trouble. Some of that was Sabonis flopping (refs were terrible in this game) but the kid will learn from it. 

Some of those calls were really garbage. 

But the bad reffing probably helped the tank loss, so Im not going to complain.

Two things that really stood out to me. Was that I think to start Lavine had 0 points and 3 assists. I think when he gets more confidence in his teammates he may become even more dangerous on the ball. Carter had 6 offensive rebounds which is great.

Lastly, I hope that Blakeney has earned more playing time. The guy was at one time an McDonalds All American and a top 20 recruit going into college. A lot of guys get lost in college and sometimes if you wait until soph year you get forgotten. I think the Bulls just need to keep playing him to see what they got. 

13 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Some of those calls were really garbage. 

But the bad reffing probably helped the tank loss, so Im not going to complain.

Two things that really stood out to me. Was that I think to start Lavine had 0 points and 3 assists. I think when he gets more confidence in his teammates he may become even more dangerous on the ball. Carter had 6 offensive rebounds which is great.

Lastly, I hope that Blakeney has earned more playing time. The guy was at one time an McDonalds All American and a top 20 recruit going into college. A lot of guys get lost in college and sometimes if you wait until soph year you get forgotten. I think the Bulls just need to keep playing him to see what they got. 

When Zach is surrounded with guys who can actually shoot (Lauri, Valentine, Portis, etc.) his scoring efficiency and assist rate are only going to get better. 

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

So Jimmy G Buckets will let the T Wolves know whether or not he will play in back to backs. What is up with this guy? How is that. Not a fineable offense?

Be a professional.

It's because he's "injured" and how dare anybody assume he's sitting out for any other reason, the general soreness is just too unbearable.

That's actually the angle/tone he took with the media which annoyed me even more. 

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's because he's "injured" and how dare anybody assume he's sitting out for any other reason, the general soreness is just too unbearable.

That's actually the angle/tone he took with the media which annoyed me even more. 

Derrick did it because he was mentally broken. Jimmy is doing it because he's an awful team leader.

Fascinating looking back now that the roles are flipped.

16 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

The play was on Lavine. Not sure I agree with the fade away 2pt when he could have maybe gotten it inside to Carter, but great tank loss.

I think rooting for a tank is gonna leave you disappointed.  When all of the injured players come back I think they will be far better than what we see now. And unfortunately it will put them square in NBA hell but whatever 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think rooting for a tank is gonna leave you disappointed.  When all of the injured players come back I think they will be far better than what we see now. And unfortunately it will put them square in NBA hell but whatever 

They will not be very good...too young. But they won't be in NBA hell...they'll have a ton of cap space and if they actually are winning as you propose...they'd have quite a few young pieces who you could surround by a FA signing or two.  

Right now, I'd say this season, outside of the injuries has gone about as good as it could and given the nature of the injuries (not career threatening or anything)...those may actually be a blessing in disguise to the LT progress.

Lavine has just been fantastic and you could see with better players around him, he'd be even more dynamic. He's still scoring efficiently despite having entire teams focused on stopping him. Additionally, Wendell has shown he can grow into a defensive stopper and offensively he's starting to show some signs as well. He also sets fantastic screens and seems to play unselfishly.  

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree with Kyle.