2018-2019 Official NBA thread

2 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about Parker's role on the Bulls. If he doesn't pan out at SF, he's as good as gone next season, no reason to pay $20 Mil for a backup PF with defensive issues.

As for how the season is playing out, I love what I seen from WCJ so far, he may not end up being elite in any one aspect but could be a very well rounded C for years to come. Him pairing up with Lauri will be interesting to watch.

Lavine has been good at shot making, but he really needs to be a better ball handler and distributor if he's going to be a #1 option (which I dont think he should be)

Hutch/Arci has been great energy players off the bench, hope they could continue to grow into better role players or even starters, esp for Hutch.

And now that Felicio is getting his burn again, maybe he plays his contract into tradeable? I would really hope so...

Glad you mentioned Felicio. He is in much better shape this year and I do hope this burn helps make him a bit more tradeable.  I think its going to take prolonged run of decent play though, before you can move him.  

Not really worried about Felicio's contract. Next year Lopez is gone, so paying Felicio 9mil isnt going to really hurt anyone.

Right now the focus needs to be on who to try and target in FA. Durant or Leonard would be the dreams, but I think the Bulls should target Thompson after those 2.

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

What’s it like watching those 2?

You know those early bball games can always be a little misleading, defenses get a lot better in conference play and all that. But this isn't the typical "100% turnover" freshman roster of kentucky, and everything was just so easy. They look like they could be an all time college team, but obviously we'll see.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:55 AM, Soxbadger said:

Not really worried about Felicio's contract. Next year Lopez is gone, so paying Felicio 9mil isnt going to really hurt anyone.

Right now the focus needs to be on who to try and target in FA. Durant or Leonard would be the dreams, but I think the Bulls should target Thompson after those 2.

I would be surprised if Klay ever played an NBA game for a team other than the warriors.

1 minute ago, joejoedairy said:

I would be surprised if Klay ever played an NBA game for a team other than the warriors.

Not saying its likely, but I think you pitch Klay on the idea of being the "guy" in a major market and getting a chance to show how talented he is.

It may not work, but worth a shot. 

59 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Not saying its likely, but I think you pitch Klay on the idea of being the "guy" in a major market and getting a chance to show how talented he is.

It may not work, but worth a shot. 

Feels like the last player that cared about this was Melo.

Enjoyed watching Carter battle with AD last night. Hopefully Wendell learned a thing or two and asked AD to come to Chicago. :)

I like the subs on the broadcast for Funk but whomever that was with King last night was not very good.

Since every loss is important Im happy that the Bulls are letting Holiday, Payne and Blakeney take as many or more shots than Carter. But at some point Id really like to see Carter averaging 15+ shots a night. 

At full strength Im not sure what the Bulls are going to do. I know Parker is a whipping boy here,  but he has been pretty solid and actually runs a pretty interesting fast break. For most of the night he had his way with Randle. The problem is unless he can play SF, he wont be worth $20mil a year to the Bulls as a back up. There is no way you can take minutes away from Carter and Lauri, so how Portis is going to fit in as well is going to be a challenge. 

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Since every loss is important Im happy that the Bulls are letting Holiday, Payne and Blakeney take as many or more shots than Carter. But at some point Id really like to see Carter averaging 15+ shots a night. 

We're like 10 games into the season. I wouldn't worry about this until next year. He's not known to be an offensive minded, but with time he should be able to expand his game. Right now it's important for him to learn to take good shots within the flow of the offense instead of trying to force bad shots.

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

At full strength Im not sure what the Bulls are going to do. I know Parker is a whipping boy here,  but he has been pretty solid and actually runs a pretty interesting fast break. For most of the night he had his way with Randle. The problem is unless he can play SF, he wont be worth $20mil a year to the Bulls as a back up. There is no way you can take minutes away from Carter and Lauri, so how Portis is going to fit in as well is going to be a challenge. 

I came to a quick knee-jerk reaction on Parker, but I can see why the Bulls thought he was worth taking a chance on. He has fantastic scoring ability and you can see he is also a solid playmaker.  That said, his fit is tough since he really can't play the 3 and I don't think Lauri can either.  Carter JR. has really been coming on strong lately though.  Very nice to see and Hutchinson has the length and athleticism to project into a high-end defender (he could also very much suck...but his body type reminds me a lot of Paul George).  

57 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

We're like 10 games into the season. I wouldn't worry about this until next year. He's not known to be an offensive minded, but with time he should be able to expand his game. Right now it's important for him to learn to take good shots within the flow of the offense instead of trying to force bad shots.

Im not really worried, just discussing how I think the best way for Carter to progress is. The reason I want Carter taking shots is because he isnt as offensive minded as some rookies and I worry that when Lauri and others come back he may become even more passive. Now is the time for him to get his shots 

42 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I came to a quick knee-jerk reaction on Parker, but I can see why the Bulls thought he was worth taking a chance on. He has fantastic scoring ability and you can see he is also a solid playmaker.  That said, his fit is tough since he really can't play the 3 and I don't think Lauri can either.  Carter JR. has really been coming on strong lately though.  Very nice to see and Hutchinson has the length and athleticism to project into a high-end defender (he could also very much suck...but his body type reminds me a lot of Paul George).  

Parkers +/- and other advanced states are bad, but my eyes seem to tell me otherwise. The problem is that he doesnt seem to be worth $20mil a year. Julius Randle is making around $9mil, and it seemed like Parker was better than him last night. I just dont know if Parker would settle for a $10mil a year deal. From the Bulls perspective I just dont see how you can keep Portis, Parker and Feliciano next year. 

3 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Parkers +/- and other advanced states are bad, but my eyes seem to tell me otherwise.

Ok.. lets look at the regular stats then. He is shooting a career worst 45.6% from the field, 28.2% from 3 and 69.7% from the FT line while committing a career worst 2.6 turnovers per game and this isn't even counting his terrible defensive stats.... Yea he's been terrible and if your eyes see otherwise, you better get them checked. But hey... if you are in on the tank, then he's a terrific asset.

I'm not sure which play was worse with him that I saw last night.. his TERRIBLE alley-oop pass to WCJ then tried blaming it on him or his nonchalant hustle back on defense (that he does almost every possession or fast break) that Fred chewed him out on after he called timeout and he thought he did nothing wrong. 

Edited by SoxAce

18 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Ok.. lets look at the regular stats then. He is shooting a career worst 45.6% from the field, 28.2% from 3 and 69.7% from the FT line while committing a career worst 2.6 turnovers per game and this isn't even counting his terrible defensive stats.... Yea he's been terrible and if your eyes see otherwise, you better get them checked. But hey... if you are in on the tank, then he's a terrific asset.

I'm not sure which play was worse with him that I saw last night.. his TERRIBLE alley-oop pass to WCJ then tried blaming it on him or his nonchalant hustle back on defense (that he does almost every possession or fast break) that Fred chewed him out on after he called timeout and he thought he did nothing wrong. 

He was better than Julius Randle all night. Turnovers are insane for the Bulls right now. Lavine is leading the league. They are overall horrendous at that aspect.

Hoiberg's rotations are brutal, but there are times he is the best player for the Bulls on the court. Yeah he is committing turnovers, and yes it was a bad pass, but the idea behind the pass was sound. 

As I said, the stats dont back it up. But Ive actually been watching every game this year, and Im willing to stand by my opinions. Its really hard to rate the Bulls defense, because 99% of the time Im not even sure what they are doing. They basically just run around and leave guys wide open. They double team for no reason. They help when it makes no sense.