2018-2019 Official NBA thread

I think we can all agree that the best way to get sports radio to not talk about this on Monday is for the Sox to sign someone big.  With that said, it's been amazing watching the Warriors offense go against the Bulls this season.  Honestly looks like pro players against bad college players.

Why are people surprised. Paxson said they intended to keep him around as a head coach...as such he needed to get a raise from his assistant coaches salary. This is what annoys me...people use this to refer to the bulls as being a dumpster fire. There are reasons to call them that...this is not one of them. And they aren’t the Browns. Lol. Let me know when the Browns has any of the success Pax had over his tenure as GM. 

A dumpster fire would be telling the interim coach you aren’t going to pay him any more...which is what the cheap Cavs tried to do after firing Tyron Lue. They tried to neuter the assistant coach. The bulls have tried to support their coach (at least this time and for now). 

44 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

A dumpster fire would be telling the interim coach you aren’t going to pay him any more...which is what the cheap Cavs tried to do after firing Tyron Lue. They tried to neuter the assistant coach. The bulls have tried to support their coach (at least this time and for now). 

Extending an incompetent coach in the mid of a 6 game losing streak and a 40 point drubbing is a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Why are people surprised. Paxson said they intended to keep him around as a head coach...as such he needed to get a raise from his assistant coaches salary. This is what annoys me...people use this to refer to the bulls as being a dumpster fire. There are reasons to call them that...this is not one of them. And they aren’t the Browns. Lol. Let me know when the Browns has any of the success Pax had over his tenure as GM. 

It’s a tired argument but had ping pong ball not go our way, we wouldn’t even have mustered the 2 season of upper east echelon status during the Rose era. So I’m not quite sure what success you’re referring to.

To Paxson’s credit, the team has generally drafted well during his tenure, but everything else have been a disaster, from the hiring of unqualified coaches, to the fallouts with multiple coaches, toxic lockeroom relationships, training staff incompetence, poor decisions in the trade market, inability to recruit free agents, selling draft picks for capital during rebuild, reluctance to spend on international scouting, and worse of all, despite Forman’s incompetency, he has been given immunity indefinitely.

At this rate, future free agents will not see Bulls for the glory from the Jordan days, but a laughing stock of a franchise where complacency and incompetence are accepted, and a front office that’s completely out of touch with the rest of the league.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Dumpster. Fire.

I hope people understand just how bad that offensive rating is in the modern NBA.  About 4 points worse than the next worse team in the league per 100 possessions.  That is astonishingly bad and while this roster is trash it is no worse than the other garbage teams around the league.

Edited by whitesoxfan99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I’ve truly never understood your fascination with always giving the Bulls a pass. We’ve known each other a LONG time and it’s the one thing I can never understand lol. 

Jason, the Bulls are the laughing stock of the league right now. They are being run like it’s a different decade. Right now, the offense is centered around getting Lopez looks in the low post. 

The Bulls are the worst ran organization in sports right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I bet the bulls get back to playoffs before the Sox do. If the Bulls are a dumpster fire, the Sox are whatever is four times worse.

They better get a top 2 pick in the NBA draft this offseason or I don't see it happening soon, especially if they are going to keep this clown of a coach for an extended period. 

16 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I bet the bulls get back to playoffs before the Sox do. If the Bulls are a dumpster fire, the Sox are whatever is four times worse.

They should considering the NBA gets twice as many playoff teams.  Even then, I wouldn't bet on it.

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1084267508180361216&original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1790182%26start%3D80&tw_i=1084267508180361216&tw_p=tweetembed&ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1084267508180361216&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1790182%26start%3D80

You all do realize he was already under contract next year, right? All they did was bump his pay a bit since he is now the head coach. Just like what would happen to any of us if we got promoted into a new job. I still think he's gone at the end of the year unless he turns it around. Pax has to make the comments he does because you need to ensure players don't run the show and they probably needed some of this toughness. 

And by by the way, the Bulls reported they would be doing this right when they fired Fred. This isn't even news. It isn't like they actually extended him today (and this whole thing was done previously.) 

47 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I high doubt it, and as SS2K5 point out, it’s a a lot easier to make playoffs in NBA.

Least with the Sox, there are 4-5 elite prospects they could build their team around. In a superstar driven league, the Bulls do not have anyone who resembles one. I know you tend to have an optimistic outlook on this team, but I just don’t seem how Sox are in a worse situation (especially if we land a whale), let alone 4x worse.