2018-2019 Official NBA thread

9 hours ago, bmags said:

I disagree with your assessment. Tyson Chandler, ron artest, jamal crawford, elton brand, eddy curry were actually good draft picks and the bulls at the time were collecting a lot of assets, check out how many 2nd round picks they actually drafted!

They fell in love with them, eventually got impatient and traded them for a 6th man. 

Chandler and Crawford are still in the nba for crying out loud, may be the best overall players from those drafts. Jay williams was whatever. I don't think he would have been good but 1st year point guard is hard. He was small, he wasn't that good at creating a shot, but sure. That run of draft picks from 1999-2002 was actually pretty freakin good. 

Chandler was ok, Brand was better. Bad move. Curry was meh. They traded Brad Miller and Ron Artest for a washed up Jalen Rose and Ron Mercer, right before they became good players. That trade was infuriating then and remains so. I forget who they traded Crawford for but I hated that move too. Krause got impatient and traded all of his good players for worse ones and that is why he ultimately got whacked. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Chandler was ok, Brand was better. Bad move. Curry was meh. They traded Brad Miller and Ron Artest for a washed up Jalen Rose and Ron Mercer, right before they became good players. That trade was infuriating then and remains so. I forget who they traded Crawford for but I hated that move too. Krause got impatient and traded all of his good players for worse ones and that is why he ultimately got whacked. 

Kept rick hahn his job though (wanders out).

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ron Mercer signed with the Bulls. He was traded with Artest and Miller for Jalen Rose and Travis Best. 

Eddy Curry was actually looking good his last year I'm Chicago until he had the heart problems. He was traded for a 1st and some ok vets. It was the right move. Trading Chandler for cap space was stupid, compounded by the fact that he looked like an all star immediately after he left. Jamal Crawford was also traded by Pax to NY as Hinrich was chosen over him. 

Either which way, I'm apathetic to this franchise with a FO that is ignorant, tone deaf or flat our doesn't care.

15 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Ron Mercer signed with the Bulls. He was traded with Artest and Miller for Jalen Rose and Travis Best. 

Eddy Curry was actually looking good his last year I'm Chicago until he had the heart problems. He was traded for a 1st and some ok vets. It was the right move. Trading Chandler for cap space was stupid, compounded by the fact that he looked like an all star immediately after he left. Jamal Crawford was also traded by Pax to NY as Hinrich was chosen over him. 

Either which way, I'm apathetic to this franchise with a FO that is ignorant, tone deaf or flat our doesn't care.

Even though I'm not really sure what they were trying to do at the time, the Eddy Curry trade ended up being one of the best trades in franchise history. Maybe behind the Pippen deal and that's probably it.

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

Even though I'm not really sure what they were trying to do at the time, the Eddy Curry trade ended up being one of the best trades in franchise history. Maybe behind the Pippen deal and that's probably it.

Definitely, I just think people in retrospect think he was this huge bust. He disappointed, but still seemed like he was always at verge of putting it together then his heart issues popped up. He'd be a horrible nba player today but at time he was useful.

bulls record w/ hoiberg (missing dunn, portis, valentine, markannen, forced to play parker)

5-19

bulls record w/ boylen (missing valentine, portion missing with lavine)

5-16

Markannen looks worse under boylen. WCJ looks worse. Dunn looks better via catering to his worst tendencies (3pt shooting down, mid range up).

The rest of the league is talking about getting AD.

There are now appeals in media to michael reinsdorf though to start fresh.

This franchise with the right hire could skyrocket right away. They need to absolutely clean house though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I know there's been a ton of talk about the Duke kids(and for obvious reasons) but Morant has got himself into the top 3 mix and with the Bulls needing a pg...

I like Morant but he shoots 30% from 3. I think Bulls pick higher than that in the end. 

22 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I know there's been a ton of talk about the Duke kids(and for obvious reasons) but Morant has got himself into the top 3 mix and with the Bulls needing a pg...

He's passed up Barrett on my Big Board, which is the only board that matters even though it doesn't exist.

50 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I like Morant but he shoots 30% from 3. I think Bulls pick higher than that in the end. 

He's in the mid 30's at the moment and he's starting to shoot better as the season is going on.  FT percentage is also solid which is always a good indicator for shooting going forward.  By the way, I'm not saying I'd take him over any of the Duke kids(yet) but just throwing it out there as a discussion point as he's definitely in the conversation for a top 3 pick at the moment.

EDIT: And for the record Zion and RJ both have worst 3 point percentages and ft percentages.  Cam has a better 3 point percentage by a couple percent but a worse ft percentage.

Edited by Rowand44

from darnell maybury in the athletic:

11. That brief defensive bump the Bulls flashed at the beginning of the Boylen era? Long gone. Teams have averaged 122.3 points per 100 possessions against the Bulls in the past eight games. That’s 5.1 points per 100 worse than last-place Cleveland.

sorry one more, from boylen on trading justin holliday

15. I asked Boylen after the game the biggest issue for the team defensively right now. “Well, I think one thing is we traded one of our best defensive players and we’re looking for somebody else to step up,” Boylen said. “That’s an issue. We had a veteran guy that could guard. He’s a lockdown defender. And we’re looking for our young guys to grow into that role. We’ve had moments where they have. That’s just part of it. That’s part of what we’re trying to do, give those guys an opportunity to play. We’re learning about them. They’re learning what they need to do better. That’s all part of this season, a season of discovering what we have and what they can do and what they need to work on. And this (Denver) is a good team. This was the No. 1 team in the West until this week, and they played well. You’ve got to give them credit, too.”

1 hour ago, bmags said:

sorry one more, from boylen on trading justin holliday

15. I asked Boylen after the game the biggest issue for the team defensively right now. “Well, I think one thing is we traded one of our best defensive players and we’re looking for somebody else to step up,” Boylen said. “That’s an issue. We had a veteran guy that could guard. He’s a lockdown defender. And we’re looking for our young guys to grow into that role. We’ve had moments where they have. That’s just part of it. That’s part of what we’re trying to do, give those guys an opportunity to play. We’re learning about them. They’re learning what they need to do better. That’s all part of this season, a season of discovering what we have and what they can do and what they need to work on. And this (Denver) is a good team. This was the No. 1 team in the West until this week, and they played well. You’ve got to give them credit, too.”

I mean.....sigh

I have never seen johnson talk this negatively about the bulls, bernstein pulls out these quotes in his latest:

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein-bulls-mess-needs-fixing-losing-streak-boylen

"Now where do you go?" he asked. "What do you do? These are really troubling times for the Bulls. Something's got to break here -- something's got to give, because what's happening right now is not working."