2018-2019 Official NBA thread

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I guarantee that garpax are trying to pay back JR for Hoiberg's salary and are intent on accumulating as much cash as possible. This is how we plan to utilize our cap space.

This.  And it's what is so frustrating here.  Claw back a second.  Use the trade exception to get something that is actually of value to building the future roster.  Monetizing the trade exception - much like selling the Jordan Bell pick - might be good for JR, but I fail to see how it is good for the Bulls.

29 minutes ago, Tony said:

Of course there is. The fan base is still strong, but we are talking about the Bulls being historically bad this season. If they miss on Zion, there isn't going to be much buzz for 2019. Bringing "home" Rose takes care of a lot of that. 

Get the top pick, draft Zion, roll out Rose-LaVine-Zion-Lauri-WCJ to start 2019. Done. 

And if the Bulls pick 3rd?  How about 5th?  Even if they finish with the worst record, they only have a 1 in 7 chance at the top pick.

Just now, Tony said:

So if they don't have the first pick, that gives them even more of a reason to try and grab some headlines and bring Rose "home" 

What do you think this is exactly? Are you somehow going about this with some sort of logic or rebuilding plan in place? The Bulls have shown zero interest in that. 

I'm not trying to argue this is the right move. I'm saying this is what I've predicted to happen for a while now. The Bulls bringing Rose back with some sort of homecoming is SO Bulls. 

If you are arguing the Bulls will do something stupid to grab attention, I can't argue with that at all.

Listening to Boylen on mully and haugh and yea, he is garbage and belongs at the college level 

"Our mission is togetherness and competitiveness and playing for each other"

"If we are targeting players that don't want to play for this organization and for an experienced coach, then maybe we are targeting the wrong players"

ffs