2018-2019 Official NBA thread

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Well, the Anthony Davis trade saga is about to begin and the Bulls are clearly not even remotely a threat for him.

Yep, this was the one big out they had and naturally they are not ready to capitalize. They had the assets but couldn't end the impression (being charitable) of their backstabbing culture and, then, we have Jim Boylen, a yahoo commentor come to life as a basketball coach.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

What makes someone a threat (or not) for Davis?

Where he wants to play.  Most teams aren't going to give up the assets required to get him without feeling good about their chances of signing him to an extension.  And he sure as hell isn't signing up to play for Jim fucking Boylen and this trash front office.

36 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

The Bulls have completely removed themselves from the conversation. They are a fucking laughingstock.

I just wish this was some con job where the Bulls were purposefully losing to try and get the top pick. That they learned from last year and had to make it look like they werent tanking, but at the same time still lose.

I know thats not happening, but I hope they lose every game this year. 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I just wish this was some con job where the Bulls were purposefully losing to try and get the top pick. That they learned from last year and had to make it look like they werent tanking, but at the same time still lose.

They are done with Cleveland, so it might be close.

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

Remember, the odds of the top pick are now exactly the same for the team with the worst, 2nd worst, and 3rd worst records. The differences are in the odds for the later picks. They leveled the odds out a lot, so there's very little difference between 1st and 3rd, or even 1st and 5th. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Remember, the odds of the top pick are now exactly the same for the team with the worst, 2nd worst, and 3rd worst records. The differences are in the odds for the later picks. They leveled the odds out a lot, so there's very little difference between 1st and 3rd, or even 1st and 5th. 

The Bulls didnt have one of the 5 worst records last year. They cant make that mistake again. 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

The Bulls didnt have one of the 5 worst records last year. They cant make that mistake again. 

I think we can promise they will. Not just because they're worse, but also because there's a big gap between positions 5 and 6 right now. 

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

That of course would be interesting, but something that hurts so much more than last year is that Markannen looks worse, Dunn looks worse, and Lavine is showing that while a prolific scorer, has some tendencies that make him more like a nice number 4 option not a number 2.

9 hours ago, bmags said:

I still think if they clean house, get the bad reputation out, get a progressive, charismatic guy to lead things it can turn around massively. But will miss out on next few superstar plays.

That's what makes it so frustrating.

They have guys with raw talent. Even Selden looked mildly interesting the other night albeit against the freaking Cavs.

They'll have mad cap space they could have thrown at AD. 

But they just needed to keep this front office in tact for some awful reason.

Why are the Bulls not in this.  Davis has no say.

Wendel or Lauri, unprotected 2019 pick and conditional 2020 first round (condition being if not in top 2 2019 they get 2020 top 5 protected)

Day after this trade Pax, Gar and Boylen are fired.

NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN 

Alas, Gar/Pax is essentially a government job where the income stream does not stop so nobody really cares.   Anyone that buys Bulls tickets is a fool.  Michael Reinsdorf is Bill Wirtz meets Michael McCaskey. 

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Why are the Bulls not in this.  Davis has no say.

Wendel or Lauri, unprotected 2019 pick and conditional 2020 first round (condition being if not in top 2 2019 they get 2020 top 5 protected)

Day after this trade Pax, Gar and Boylen are fired.

NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN 

Alas, Gar/Pax is essentially a government job where the income stream does not stop so nobody really cares.   Anyone that buys Bulls tickets is a fool.  Michael Reinsdorf is Bill Wirtz meets Michael McCaskey. 

The NBA still has that rule where you can't trade away your first round pick 2 years in a row don't they?