2018-2019 Official NBA thread

7 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Someone explain this trade to me. I don't get it.

The Bulls get a slightly better player out of it, and make sure they're not below the minimum salary penalties next season. Although Otto is overpaid, so was Parker, and Portis was up for an extension that would raise his price. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

He really doesn’t.  Mediocre player making a shit ton of money.  Classic Bulls

Sad part is he is probably our best player now (depending on what you think of Lauri). Solid 2 way guy.

Edited by SoxAce

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Bulls get a slightly better player out of it, and make sure they're not below the minimum salary penalties next season. Although Otto is overpaid, so was Parker, and Portis was up for an extension that would raise his price. 

Debatable which of those two is better actually and Portis would have been cheaper next year on a new deal than Porter will be at $26m plus the next two years.  Parker is irrelevant, he sucks and would have been gone.

Porter is an actual two way wing that will not be difficult to trade again (there are about to be some terrible deals). Hopefully you’ll end up with a 44% 3 pt shooter again that rebounds and has length.

There was no way you would get a first to take him. He’s overpaid but he’s actually good.

Just now, bmags said:

Porter is an actual two way wing that will not be difficult to trade again (there are about to be some terrible deals). Hopefully you’ll end up with a 44% 3 pt shooter again that rebounds and has length.

There was no way you would get a first to take him. He’s overpaid but he’s actually good.

What's the setup with this part? Is there another cap spike coming or something?

9 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Debatable which of those two is better actually and Portis would have been cheaper next year on a new deal than Porter will be at $26m plus the next two years.  Parker is irrelevant, he sucks and would have been gone.

Portis is a sieve that can get hot offensively, but like many bulls, is a black hole on offense. He never passes. He’s really not much different than Antonio Blakeney. The bulls have 10 versions of Antonio blakeneys. Just traded 2.

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

I didn't consider his future tradeability...and he does fit the roster pretty well, giving the starting line 3 good defenders now instead of hoping Dunn and Carter can cover for everyone.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Portis is a sieve that can get hot offensively, but like many bulls, is a black hole on offense. He never passes. He’s really not much different than Antonio Blakeney. The bulls have 10 versions of Antonio blakeneys. Just traded 2.

Great post. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

What's the setup with this part? Is there another cap spike coming or something?

Maybe a bump, but many teams are setting themselves up for free agency this year and previously when that has happened some fine players get paid like stars.

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I hate this because it may result in more wins. I guess losing portis hurts our depth at PF/C, so with Wendell out, we may lose even more. Bulls need to flat out tank for Zion and hope they get a top 3 pick. 

Their chances of Zion really don't change that  much even if they win a couple more games. There are currently 6 wins between the #4 team and the #5 team, so it's virtually impossible for the Bulls to fall to #5. Their current odds are 12.5%, each of the teams currently worse than them has a 14% chance. 

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I hate this because it may result in more wins. I guess losing portis hurts our depth at PF/C, so with Wendell out, we may lose even more. Bulls need to flat out tank for Zion and hope they get a top 3 pick. 

Yeah, but don’t rule out Boylen as coach. Ultimate weapon. 

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Their chances of Zion really don't change that  much even if they win a couple more games. There are currently 6 wins between the #4 team and the #5 team, so it's virtually impossible for the Bulls to fall to #5. Their current odds are 12.5%, each of the teams currently worse than them has a 14% chance. 

Even if they don't get Zion, you want to get the best pick possible. Barrett would be a huge get as well.