2018-2019 Official NBA thread

15 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Lol, that’s basically what I said in different words...

Yeah I’m just reacting to the nba hell line. Some versions of hell are worse than others, we aren’t talking about those like 09/10/11 bucks teams, that’s the worst to me.

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's two awful teams (who are both playing well lately as bmags noted) but this game has been the most entertaining of the season for me. 

It’s been a blast. They are gassed right now though.

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes, it's Atlanta, but my god, the Zach/Lauri/Otto core has been so good. 

This. There was some sloppy play as everyone got tired but what a fun game and it is great seeing all the young guys grow. 

If I'm the Bulls, I'd sit out Lavine and Lauri on Sunday. Markkanen said he felt sick in OT. That's probably why he didn't shoot much late in the 4th quarter and on. Lavine had stomach and leg cramps. Hell, sit Porter too. He was barely able to get off the floor in the 3rd and 4th OT. Got nothing to gain if those guys get serious injuries. They pretty much played 2 games last night. 

10 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah I’m just reacting to the nba hell line. Some versions of hell are worse than others, we aren’t talking about those like 09/10/11 bucks teams, that’s the worst to me.

But we are a major market, yes we have drafted pretty well but our front office has not done a good job of showing they can go for it in several years. I don’t have a fuzzy feeling that we are going to continually draft good players and find a way to trade them for someone elite because it has yet to happen.  They’ve played well lately but overall they are a dumpster fire. 

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Big loss, stay 4 up on ATL, with the way trae looks I think we’ll be pretty up on 4th unless a team like the grizz lose every game going out

Seeing the Grizz falls makes it nice to have gotten their 2nd rounder this year...and next...and Selden as an RFA for Holiday.

That being said, we packaged two second rounders to dump Jose Calderon, including last year's #47 and this years 2nd rounder, so GarPax can only get so many props there.

13 hours ago, Quin said:

Seeing the Grizz falls makes it nice to have gotten their 2nd rounder this year...and next...and Selden as an RFA for Holiday.

That being said, we packaged two second rounders to dump Jose Calderon, including last year's #47 and this years 2nd rounder, so GarPax can only get so many props there.

They have made two good moves in a row. We'll see how it goes, I have a feeling we'll wish they had bought out Ro Lo but he is certainly helping with development especially on offense.

I go to tankathon a lot. The only 48% chance of being top 5 is tough, but realistically it's top 3 or bust with this group and that's probably being a bit generous including Barrett with Zion and Morant.

But yeah, these odds are wild, and I think they had their intended effect. The bottom 3 teams aren't removing all their star players, they are just playing their bad rosters. Same with Hawks/bulls. I'm not sure people are psychologically ready for how big of a likelihood it is that the worst 3 teams are scattered about the top 7.