2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Very nice to see the momentum they have right now. I hope this can continue and put the franchise in a nice spot heading into the offseason. Than we need lottery odds to fall in our favor and who knows what happens from there on the free agency/trade front. 

Boylan also deserves credit as do Lavine and Lauri for taking big steps forward. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Very nice to see the momentum they have right now. I hope this can continue and put the franchise in a nice spot heading into the offseason. Than we need lottery odds to fall in our favor and who knows what happens from there on the free agency/trade front. 

Boylan also deserves credit as do Lavine and Lauri for taking big steps forward. 

I value your opinion on the NBA/Bulls, what do you think we need most in the draft? It seems like Porter has been great for this group and we could really use a PG like Morant but I would not pass up Zion or Barrett. But let's say all 3 are gone before us, should we go with a PG or do we need another SG/SF?

Do we trust Zion and Lauri to be our 4 and 5 defensively?

If not, I think I might really consider taking Morant....Assuming they get the #1 pick or Barrett goes 1 and we got 2.

Morant-LaVine-Porter-Lauri-Carter just looks so complete. 

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

42 minutes ago, 2nd_city_saint787 said:

Do we trust Zion and Lauri to be our 4 and 5 defensively?

If not, I think I might really consider taking Morant....Assuming they get the #1 pick or Barrett goes 1 and we got 2.

Morant-LaVine-Porter-Lauri-Carter just looks so complete. 

"Zion may not fit our current roster construction" is a very poor reason to draft someone else.

If the Bulls wound up with that pick and were insistent that they were going to take a point guard, then some other team would probably give up 3 first round picks for that #1. I probably would.

• Like 1

You don't pass up on a franchise talent for "a better fit". I don't give a damn if you trade WCJ or Markkanen or stick one of them on the bench until you sort out what you wanna do down the line. Bulls need a superstar talent to get them in the right direction.

12 hours ago, bmags said:

I am so happy with Zach Lavines progress this year.

I am surprised at how much better he's has played the last month or so. He's not forcing a lot of bad shots or settling for 3's like he was doing before. Taking the ball to the hoop, taking good shots, making better passes and evening making plays for Robin in crunch time last night showed a lot of maturity in his game.

15 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I am surprised at how much better he's has played the last month or so. He's not forcing a lot of bad shots or settling for 3's like he was doing before. Taking the ball to the hoop, taking good shots, making better passes and evening making plays for Robin in crunch time last night showed a lot of maturity in his game.

His playmaking as a primary ballhandler has improved including passing and it feels like he is getting stripped less even if he still makes some bad passes out of drives.

I think it all goes back to team structure. When you had dunn/portis/holliday/parker/blakeney etc with him you had a lot of guys that got the ball and took their shot, so Lavine got the ball and took his shot.

They've made Dunn/Lavine combo less of a priority, and him with arc, porter, lauri, lopez they have a bunch of players that look to him when he's open, work hard setting screens for him, and he pays them back.

The team core fits better now except still has no point guard and very poor bench, though I like selden/TLC but they cannot be on a line together with arc and felicio. That improves through health but also need some vets next year when we have zion.

If Zion is on the table, take him, figure out the fit later and you've got three hard working bigs as your big rotation. Sign a PG in the off-season.

Otherwise go BPA. If it's Barrett, maybe you go jumbo lineup. If it's Morant he slides in at point. After that it gets dicey. 

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

If Zion is on the table, take him, figure out the fit later and you've got three hard working bigs as your big rotation. Sign a PG in the off-season.

Otherwise go BPA. If it's Barrett, maybe you go jumbo lineup. If it's Morant he slides in at point. After that it gets dicey. 

It's actually a really nice fit with zion

(PG)

Lavine

Porter

Zion

Lauri

If you get a good pg (say you can make a jrue holliday work or something) that is well rounded on D and can shoot 3s, you have surrounded zion with 4 deep threats, PG/Porter can provide defensive stability (Zion himself will be good on D by end of year).

That lineup would be perfect for Zion, who has a blue print in milwaukee for how to make his game work even if his shot doesn't fall right away.

25 minutes ago, Quin said:

Snell would always show the occasional flash. He still sucks.

That he does. He does one thing well and that's corner 3's. He's so limited offensively I couldn't believe he actual put the ball on the floor for a change.

22 hours ago, bmags said:

It's actually a really nice fit with zion

(PG)

Lavine

Porter

Zion

Lauri

If you get a good pg (say you can make a jrue holliday work or something) that is well rounded on D and can shoot 3s, you have surrounded zion with 4 deep threats, PG/Porter can provide defensive stability (Zion himself will be good on D by end of year).

That lineup would be perfect for Zion, who has a blue print in milwaukee for how to make his game work even if his shot doesn't fall right away.

How do you think Lauri would hold up being a center full time? I know they'd use Carter at C and probably have another big body as well to take some of the burden off Lauri. 

17 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

How do you think Lauri would hold up being a center full time? I know they'd use Carter at C and probably have another big body as well to take some of the burden off Lauri. 

The minutes will stagger and you can have wendell/lopez-esque big come in to play with either at the four, but when that lineup on the floor the other team is going to have to play against it rather than bulls worrying about what the other team has.

That lineup I threw out would be an offensive machine, and so it will be about how good it can get defensively and I actually think it could develop into something pretty solid.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Considering his contract, nah man. This is too much of a reach 

The contract has nothing to do with the trade. They traded a guy that had a useful skill (shoots 3s) for a guy who became useless for chicago almost immediately.

And that obviously is most hilarious considering the team chicago was already building with wade/butler/rondo they added another "can't shoot" point guard.

Trade snell, fine, he's a guy you get a second round pick for but MCW was trash save for his first game. He had 2.5 assists to 1.5 turnovers when he played 18 minutes. 

41 minutes ago, bmags said:

The contract has nothing to do with the trade. They traded a guy that had a useful skill (shoots 3s) for a guy who became useless for chicago almost immediately.

And that obviously is most hilarious considering the team chicago was already building with wade/butler/rondo they added another "can't shoot" point guard.

Trade snell, fine, he's a guy you get a second round pick for but MCW was trash save for his first game. He had 2.5 assists to 1.5 turnovers when he played 18 minutes. 

You could get a second rounder for Snell? I'm still amazed they got MCW for him.

35 minutes ago, Quin said:

You could get a second rounder for Snell? I'm still amazed they got MCW for him.

He was a 37% 3 point shooter when we traded him. It wasn't the 3point revolution quite yet but yes I think he could have gotten a 2nd rounder. Its actually amazing that the jason kidd led bucks recognized what he was and doubled his 3pa but hoiberg was just in over his head his first year.

I don't know why you are amazed they got a player that is basically a contract that just gets exchanged between teams now and are slighting the guy who actually received a good second contract.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

He was a 37% 3 point shooter when we traded him. It wasn't the 3point revolution quite yet but yes I think he could have gotten a 2nd rounder. Its actually amazing that the jason kidd led bucks recognized what he was and doubled his 3pa but hoiberg was just in over his head his first year.

I don't know why you are amazed they got a player that is basically a contract that just gets exchanged between teams now and are slighting the guy who actually received a good second contract.

And back then MCW had just averaged 11-5 and was a Rookie of the Year. Those dismal numbers are something Snell won't ever even sniff.

Just because the Bucks gave Snell a Felicio deal and he didn't get fat doesn't mean he's worth anything.

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

And back then MCW had just averaged 11-5 and was a Rookie of the Year. Those dismal numbers are something Snell won't ever even sniff.

Just because the Bucks gave Snell a Felicio deal and he didn't get fat doesn't mean he's worth anything.

I'd say the fact that the best and one of the deepest teams in the league is still playing snell 18 mpg while he's hitting 40% from 3pt land shows he clearly is worth something.