2018-2019 Official NBA thread

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd say the fact that the best and one of the deepest teams in the league is still playing snell 18 mpg while he's hitting 40% from 3pt land shows he clearly is worth something.

He's Keith Bogans?

33 minutes ago, Brian said:

Are we really debating Snell vs MCW?

I mean I'm still bitter we drafted Snell over Hardaway Jr though.

Yes and it will not end any time soon so strap it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

He's Keith Bogans?

He's a pretty solid 3 and D guy (40% from 3 the last three years - his TS% has been really good since he left Chicago).  He's not a great player by any means, but Snell is definitely a useful NBA role player.  

https://theathletic.com/856960/2019/03/08/he-actually-has-said-that-i-have-a-good-spirit-michael-reinsdorf-talks-jim-boylen-and-much-more/

man this monitor comment is so embarrassing

I firmly believe that we are staffed really well. That the Bulls, it’s not about cutting costs. John, Gar, his staff, they’re able to cover the college games for us scouting.

I did believe that one day, this was like four or five years ago, I walked into Steve Weinman’s office. He was working on one computer. I said, “Steve, you’re our analytics person. Why don’t you have like four screens here?” And he was new and I said, “OK Steve, let’s get you set up.” We expanded his staff this year, we added people.”

You can probably file this under a Hot Take, but I kind of think the Warriors might lose in the playoffs. 

The problem is I'm not sure any West teams can knock them off so by the time they get to the finals, they'll be playing better. 

Toughest path is probably Jazz/Thunder/Rockets/Raptors.

15 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

You can probably file this under a Hot Take, but I kind of think the Warriors might lose in the playoffs. 

The problem is I'm not sure any West teams can knock them off so by the time they get to the finals, they'll be playing better. 

Toughest path is probably Jazz/Thunder/Rockets/Raptors.

I really think the bucks can beat them. The warriors really lack depth. That's usually not a huge issue in the playoffs, but the bucks have such great depth. I'm on the bucks bandwagon. 

That rockets win was big for them. They seem weaker but its hard to trust teams like Denver until they prove it. But Houston/OKC look like tough matchups if PG doesn't disappear in the playoffs.

But, I do think the Bucks are the best eastern conference team since the 16(?) Cavs.

43 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I really think the bucks can beat them. The warriors really lack depth. That's usually not a huge issue in the playoffs, but the bucks have such great depth. I'm on the bucks bandwagon. 

Giannis might have some issues in the playoffs. He can't really shoot at all and teams can usually scheme for that in long series.

The Raptors, for example, could put a big on Giannis and sag off. Then put Kawhi on Middleton and both of their best players are pretty hindered.

As the bench mob bulls showed, depth only means so much in the playoffs.

Edited by Boogua

1 minute ago, Boogua said:

Giannis might have some issues in the playoffs. He can't really shoot at all and teams can usually scheme for that in long series.

The Raptors, for example, could put a big on Giannis and sag off. Then put Kawhi on Middleton and both of their best players are pretty hindered.

As the bench mob bulls showed, depth only means so much in the playoffs.

I honestly think Giannis has hit that level where it won't matter. He's been limited for a while from long range, but he just can get to the rim no matter what the hell you do. I could buy that they'll end up one of those teams that were just on their top gear all year and then get to the playoffs and don't have another one, but I believe that more for the Raps.

Now if the shooting goes ice cold around him, that will be difficult.

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Rest em! Gotta get in the bottom 3!

and phoenix is quietly putting together a nice run recently, if they beat the bulls tonight (which big men have been destroying bulls since blake griffin did a week or so ago), the bulls are only 1 game back of them in tankathon.

Edit: and with exception of 2 games vs knicks and 2 games vs wizards, there are very few winnable games left on schedule. 76ers, raptors, blazers, jazz...bulls may be in good shape to get in top 3.

I hate losing while markannen looks so poor suddenly, but we have 11 games left and Zion looks like that once in a long while type prospect. Worth the margins for a 1.5% increase at this point.

20 hours ago, bmags said:

and phoenix is quietly putting together a nice run recently, if they beat the bulls tonight (which big men have been destroying bulls since blake griffin did a week or so ago), the bulls are only 1 game back of them in tankathon.

Edit: and with exception of 2 games vs knicks and 2 games vs wizards, there are very few winnable games left on schedule. 76ers, raptors, blazers, jazz...bulls may be in good shape to get in top 3.

I hate losing while markannen looks so poor suddenly, but we have 11 games left and Zion looks like that once in a long while type prospect. Worth the margins for a 1.5% increase at this point.

Well so much for that.

I was at the game and thought dunn was pretty lousy then I looked up and he had like 25 and 14. Even though they aren't good, I like how aggressive TLC and harrison are.

That ending play with rolo was so bad. I was laughing hard when I saw that I was at a game with antonio blakeney starting at the 3.

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know, and then he'll pull of these games. If he wasn't 25 already I'd say wait a bit longer, but I do agree that he sucks. 

One reminder (albeit you'd have to ignore age) is a lot of NBA point guards took a few years before they actually transformed their games.