2018-2019 Official NBA thread

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want Morant. He would fit perfectly in with this group. Also an option is throwing a max contract at DeAngelo RussellĀ 

I still question Morant's ability to shoot the 3 ball, but he's an amazing passer. With the Bulls being a pretty good 3 point shooting team already, he'd be a great fit. We have scorers right now, but we need somebody better than Dunn when it comes to passing and driving the ball.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want Morant. He would fit perfectly in with this group. Also an option is throwing a max contract at DeAngelo RussellĀ 

That would be aĀ horrible idea.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

That would be aĀ horrible idea.

Where else are they going to spend the money? He's had a pretty damn good year, no? They'd have to offer max in order to actually get him, right? There's no way the Nets would let him walk unless the money was just insane.Ā 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Where else are they going to spend the money? He's had a pretty damn good year, no?Ā 

Don't like Russell at all. He's scoring based on volume and isn't a very efficient player.Ā 

Just now, chw42 said:

Don't like Russell at all. He's scoring based on volume and isn't a very efficient player.Ā 

Floaters and mid-range. He's fine, but :

1) we don't have a max slot.

2) he would be a horrible waste of a max spot.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Floaters and mid-range. He's fine, but :

1) we don't have a max slot.

2) he would be a horrible waste of a max spot.

Could they offer enough money to actually get him here? I'm just curious more than anything.Ā 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ā 

So we are absolutely locked in at 4 to end year.

We may be able to become top 3.

- WCJ will have missed half his first season

- Chandler Hutchinson will miss half

- They discussed porter just sitting out rest of year

- Lavine will likely play

- Dunn has an injured back

Another year of injury after injury. It could all be worth it for some very nice lotto combinations, but this team has shown it has zero depth, but maybe that's what wcj/hutch would have been.

Bad, bad year. Hope it's a turning point.

Just now, bmags said:

So we are absolutely locked in at 4 to end year.

We may be able to become top 3.

- WCJ will have missed half his first season

- Chandler Hutchinson will miss half

- They discussed porter just sitting out rest of year

- Lavine will likely play

- Dunn has an injured back

Another year of injury after injury. It could all be worth it for some very nice lotto combinations, but this team has shown it has zero depth, but maybe that's what wcj/hutch would have been.

Bad, bad year. Hope it's a turning point.

Hopefully it all turns into a top 2 or 3 pick.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully it all turns into a top 2 or 3 pick.

2 or 3 is nice, but zion changes the franchise for years. I really like Ja Morant but he's a unique player that may need a few years to become more than something one dimensional. I don't know what to make of reddish/barrett. I would take jarrett culver over both of those i think, or Darius Garland. But all have weaknesses.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

2 or 3 is nice, but zion changes the franchise for years. I really like Ja Morant but he's a unique player that may need a few years to become more than something one dimensional. I don't know what to make of reddish/barrett. I would take jarrett culver over both of those i think, or Darius Garland. But all have weaknesses.

I'd be really torn with the #3. I think I'd try to get a team in love with Barrett to trade up for him and take Culver if you can swing it - while it wouldn't solve the the need for a PG, it's a way better fit than Barrett and Reddish just has not been impressive.

26 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'd be really torn with the #3. I think I'd try to get a team in love with Barrett to trade up for him and take Culver if you can swing it - while it wouldn't solve the the need for a PG, it's a way better fit than Barrett and Reddish just has not been impressive.

This is a draft that I would be fine moving down in unless you get top two, but every other team will probably feel the same way.

50 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So Morant is all but guaranteed #2?

I don't know, but it's definitely not going to be guaranteed he's there at 3.

It's a weird draft, I wouldn't be surprised if its productive, but aside from Zion it's not one that you are thrilled to goĀ through a year like this for.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:32 AM, bmags said:

What's the one dimension though?Ā  Because he seems to be able to both get to the basket and pass really really well.

16 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

What's the one dimension though?Ā  Because he seems to be able to both get to the basket and pass really really well.

Yeah one dimensional was a dumb way to say it. Meant just that I worry he will be such a liability on defense his first few years until he builds up more technique and strength.